Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 110061 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #30: January 23, 2013, 06:03:53 AM »
What I'm saying is, what is it about Darka that precludes a peace agreement?
They could probably just demand cession of regions without further war but where is the fun in that? That and I don't see Darka just surrendering even though they already lost. I am sure they will surrender, just not until they have enjoyed their last few battles as a great power of Atamara.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 23, 2013, 06:46:40 AM »
Or you could give up and save what's left for the future. You'll probably end up stronger for the next war if you don't fight until you completely piss off CE. Just a thought...

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 23, 2013, 07:25:04 AM »
There has still not been a word from CE/Tara sector. Darka would be happy to end war ofcourse. They are now facing forces they cant beat, and Darka hates to lose battles :)

But i guess CE just want to beat the crap outta from Darka, and all Darka can do is to try to resist.

But i guess there is no other option? Move all duchies to Talerium and Eston(if Eston gets the peace)? :D

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 30, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »
If Darka is to fight, we will not go lightly. As a single realm, our military prowess may even surpass CE when both of our armies fight together.

However, I personally believe we should be suing for peace, or should win a battle and THEN sue for peace to deal from a position of relative strength(not that there is anything about our situation that screams we are in control...). Losing Massillion and everything East of Clintoc-Tolhuar-Saler wouldn't be so bad. It would hurt no doubt, but we could agree to it(and more importantly, CE and co. could control it with the noble count they have). Also, returning to a true mercenary way of life wouldn't be so bad either. I mean, CE is the richest realm anyways. It seems to me, from us returning to a mercenary way of life, they would benefit the most. It would be like a safeguard in case any of their puppets turned on them. Also, they would just see people like KK are thrown out the window and that those willing to submit to mercenary ways are instated.

TL;DR:

CE should offer the following:
1. Massillion, Wistir, Tertul, Tintar, Malor are taken from Darka to give to puppet X(maybe if they are making a new puppet out of Eston they could feed them to it). Ixzal gets taken and given to Talerium.
2. KK forced to step down.
3. Forced to return to mercenary values or will be destroyed. Also forced to work for the highest bidder(CE should profit from that).

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 30, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
You could give Massillion back to Eston, since you kinda stole it from us years ago. :P
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 30, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »
Uzamaki

If Darka were to surrender unconditionally I would be truly taken back by that. KK kicked out or stepping down pssh can't kick out the old drunk... he'd probably be replaced by one of his children. Darka has it's corner and I hope they fight for it. So much rich history and Volcano worshiping. Such a proud nation surrendering in such a way I think is below Darka way way below.

I say fight to the last noble and send your children to the south. Abington (Suville) will rise again! You just have to survive long enough for boat travel to come to AT unless it's hear already.

Btw this empire thing going on in BM uhh I feel like the idea is coming from the Hunger Games... anyone feel that same way?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: January 30, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »
You could give Massillion back to Eston, since you kinda stole it from us years ago. :P

Quiet, you!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: January 30, 2013, 10:15:30 PM »
Uzamaki

If Darka were to surrender unconditionally I would be truly taken back by that. KK kicked out or stepping down pssh can't kick out the old drunk... he'd probably be replaced by one of his children. Darka has it's corner and I hope they fight for it. So much rich history and Volcano worshiping. Such a proud nation surrendering in such a way I think is below Darka way way below.

I say fight to the last noble and send your children to the south. Abington (Suville) will rise again! You just have to survive long enough for boat travel to come to AT unless it's hear already.

Btw this empire thing going on in BM uhh I feel like the idea is coming from the Hunger Games... anyone feel that same way?

But going back to mercenary ways would be fun! Besides, what's better, going out in a blaze of glory, or preserving this great and awesome realm for the future?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 30, 2013, 10:42:57 PM »
But going back to mercenary ways would be fun! Besides, what's better, going out in a blaze of glory, or preserving this great and awesome realm for the future?
A mix is best. Your way is just too pathetic for Darka to do IMO.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: January 30, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
Crush Raoul and give the lands of the oath-breakers back to Minas Ithil!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #40: January 30, 2013, 11:23:18 PM »

So much fail in a single sentence.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: January 31, 2013, 03:02:10 AM »
A mix is best. Your way is just too pathetic for Darka to do IMO.

And so getting raped is less pathetic?

Eirikr

« Reply #42: January 31, 2013, 04:56:51 AM »

In a medieval sense, yes. At least you are doing what you can to resist.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: January 31, 2013, 05:18:07 AM »
I said mix was best. Fight a few major battles at minimum, then consider going for peace. (Darka won't do as bad as people think, IMO.)
― G.K. Chesterton

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: January 31, 2013, 05:32:44 AM »
I said mix was best. Fight a few major battles at minimum, then consider going for peace. (Darka won't do as bad as people think, IMO.)

As I said, we are a force to be reckoned with. But there is only one way this ends: a surrender.