Author Topic: Civilization 2  (Read 2048 times)

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Civilization 2
« Topic Start: June 24, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »
Anyone feel like getting their asses handed to them in this game?  All time favorite game- never lost.  Watch as I hit modern weapons before 1 AD.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Civilization 2
« Reply #1: June 24, 2012, 06:33:54 PM »
Do you city spam like mad?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 24, 2012, 06:53:28 PM »
I usually do the opposite.  I concentrate on a handful of well developed cities, infrastructure, and technology.  Great for science and defense.  Then, I come rolling out tanks to get the war machine in motion.

Usually, that's the best way, and start small.  Hold your army back a bit a stock up on freighters with food supplies.  This way you can quickly get your first wave of conquered cities up to standard.

For fast nukes without wasting gold, get a city surrounded by hills mined, railroaded, etc. for production.  Don't ever worry about food there.  With a granary and freighters you can quickly drop in food to grow, and every dozen turns or so have a city bring more food to prevent population decrease.

Just a few little tricks.  Whats really dangerous is letting somebody be the Celts on large Earth map.  Optional start for a perfectionist.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 12, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »
Anyone want to give a game a go?