Author Topic: Remove Royal "unbannable" perk  (Read 32663 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Royal "unbannable" perk
« Reply #15: January 25, 2013, 06:12:27 AM »
Banning for low activity is against the IR, but punishment because they are not doing their job is not against the IR.
That is correct, but it's not what you said. Please be careful in what you advocate. We don't need experienced players advocating banning people from their realms because they have low activity rates.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 25, 2013, 06:24:14 AM »
That is correct, but it's not what you said. Please be careful in what you advocate. We don't need experienced players advocating banning people from their realms because they have low activity rates.
If read the wrong way my statement could be seen differently but my first statement did say he was logging in just to keep his position, which I take as logging in solely to keep your position and doing literally nothing else, and if repeatedly done would be not doing their job. My statement could have been worded better but I don't believe it to be advocating something against the IRs.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 25, 2013, 06:29:58 AM »
Why not allow him to be banned, but require the ruler to consent to it? Or have it immediately force a succession?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 25, 2013, 06:31:02 AM »
Why not allow him to be banned, but require the ruler to consent to it? Or have it immediately force a succession?

I'm fine with either of those.

However, I think the 2nd one is already in effect. At least on Testing.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 25, 2013, 06:32:52 AM »

Do you mean "secession"? That was once possible on testing islands. However, it was removed when the good/bad mark system was removed as part of the most recent estate system.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 25, 2013, 06:33:26 AM »
Perhaps a solution.

That's forcing character action which might not always be wanted.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 25, 2013, 07:18:55 AM »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 25, 2013, 08:03:14 AM »
And what if he isn't liked? He could be logging in once a week so he doesn't lose his position and kill the game for everyone, which generally makes everyone their enemy.
Do you try infiltrator to assassinate the Duke, taking them out for many days, long enough to remove Dukeship from him? ::)

Well Chenier do you have a suggestion to solve that problem?

I think its an important issue.

Long-timers SHOULDN'T have all of the fluff positions by default. They should be able to be competed over or allowed to turnover.
Hmm, you do have valid point. We cannot wait long enough for old age to kill the old duke who previously was the Ruler, right? Then why do you appoint the Duke in the first place if you know you going have a hard time to remove her or him later on?  8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #23: January 25, 2013, 08:34:14 AM »
I really miss the good/bad mark system. Being able to reward my active knights in a way that showed they were appreciated in a direct manner would be nice.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: January 25, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »
Hmm, you do have valid point. We cannot wait long enough for old age to kill the old duke who previously was the Ruler, right? Then why do you appoint the Duke in the first place if you know you going have a hard time to remove her or him later on?  8)

Who said they were appointed? A ruler can make themselves Duke depending upon government system I believe.

Also, rulers usually have enough popularity to become Duke regardless.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: January 25, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »
.... isn't this what exile is for?

well, aside from the fact that you get paid in gold when in realm and thus nerfing it a ton. and killing your h/p.. but hey.

-----
solution to lordship.... stab him. auto de fe him. give away the region (this bit sort of doesn't make sense)

solution to dukeship.... get everyone else to flip away from the duchy. disband the empty duchy.
firefox

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: January 25, 2013, 09:10:53 AM »
solution to lordship.... stab him. auto de fe him. give away the region (this bit sort of doesn't make sense)

solution to dukeship.... get everyone else to flip away from the duchy. disband the empty duchy.

Seriously does stabbing even work? I can't even remember the last time I've seen a wounding last long enough to force someone out of any position. Most stabbings I've seen won't last longer than 3 days and you need 5-7 to abdicate.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #27: January 25, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
Depends on their age, really.  Because the wounds are more likely to get worse before they get better.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 25, 2013, 09:14:15 AM »
Depends on their age, really.  Because the wounds are more likely to get worse before they get better.

No but seriously. When was the last time someone has seen an infiltrator actually pull of a wounding that kept someone out of it long enough to make them lose their positions.

Honestly I think bounties shouldn't be able to be gained unless they're out for at least 5 days.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #29: January 25, 2013, 09:17:59 AM »
Can't honestly recall if Gregor was wounded by an Infy or a skirmish that knocked him out of Dukeship of Westmoor, which allowed me to quickly set up loyalists over the duchy.

I've almost been knocked out of positions due to preaching incidents as well.  Damned Flowists.