Author Topic: Remove Royal "unbannable" perk  (Read 32520 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Royal "unbannable" perk
« Reply #45: January 25, 2013, 08:30:07 PM »
if you gave away the region..... (where he is lord)... does he move with the region (and thus lose royal) or stay in realm, thus lose lordship?

as said before... bit iffy...
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: January 25, 2013, 08:52:17 PM »
When a region is handed away by the ruler, nobles stay with the realm.

If the region changes allegiance via the lord changing it, then the nobles of the region go with it. (The same applies for dukes and entire duchies.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: January 25, 2013, 10:48:40 PM »

If the region changes allegiance via the lord changing it, then the nobles of the region go with it. (The same applies for dukes and entire duchies.)
I am not so sure that first part is true as I thought Paisland was gifted to D'hara but I know the current lord went with.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: January 25, 2013, 11:32:50 PM »
I have seen it too. Usually as long as they aren't hurting anybody no cares. The main times it would come into play is when he/she is !@#$ing up his/her duchy when times are tough.

I tend to agree with this. I may be wrong, but I didn't think rulers protested out of office got royal status.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: January 25, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »
I tend to agree with this. I may be wrong, but I didn't think rulers protested out of office got royal status.
They do get it according to Woelfy. (He was protested out and says he has royal title.)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: January 26, 2013, 01:11:19 AM »
I do think that there should be a way to remove Royals from the realm. However, I don't think that simply removing their "unbannable" status is the right thing to do. Honestly, I think what should be done is to rework Exile. Yes, it's meant to be a battle of wills, but as it stands, there is effectively no incentive for someone who wants to see the ruler hurt to leave the realm. Yes, they lose honour and prestige—but if it's essentially a choice between that and just losing, leaving the realm in ignominy, what the hell does honour and prestige mean?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: January 26, 2013, 05:52:08 AM »
They do get it according to Woelfy. (He was protested out and says he has royal title.)

Yes they do. At least the person who created the realm does.

egamma

« Reply #52: January 26, 2013, 07:15:53 PM »
I am not so sure that first part is true as I thought Paisland was gifted to D'hara but I know the current lord went with.

the Terran lord of Paisly switched allegiance.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: January 26, 2013, 09:47:54 PM »

Yes, Terran gifted Paisland to D'Hara, and the lord stayed in place, which I found quite aggravating as instead of waiting forever for both rulers to meet in the region, the dude could have just switched on his own. I had to wait a few days of pressure building up inside of me before he stepped down on his own and eventually rejoined Terran.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: January 27, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »

That wasn't the case under the old system; not sure about the new. I was lord of Larodais and stepped down so the ruler could give the region away. Unfortunately, stepping down as lord automatically made me a knight of the region, which we didn't realise, and I went with the region when it was given away.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: January 27, 2013, 03:43:28 PM »
This behavior has changed a few times over the years.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: January 27, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »
That wasn't the case under the old system; not sure about the new. I was lord of Larodais and stepped down so the ruler could give the region away. Unfortunately, stepping down as lord automatically made me a knight of the region, which we didn't realise, and I went with the region when it was given away.

.... that shouldn't be the case. you became a knight because you have an estate. if you don't have an estate, then you'll not be a knight but some random noble not on the hierarchy.
firefox

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: January 27, 2013, 07:11:12 PM »
.... that shouldn't be the case. you became a knight because you have an estate. if you don't have an estate, then you'll not be a knight but some random noble not on the hierarchy.
As a lord, he had an estate, so when he stepped down, he was automatically a knight.
― G.K. Chesterton

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: January 27, 2013, 07:53:14 PM »
being a lord has nothing to do with estate.. you can be a lord without an estate.
firefox

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: January 27, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
being a lord has nothing to do with estate.. you can be a lord without an estate.
I didn't say it did. All I said was he had an estate as a lord.
― G.K. Chesterton