Author Topic: Lukon vs Oritolon  (Read 44878 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Lukon vs Oritolon
« Reply #15: March 12, 2013, 01:55:43 AM »
So your saying it was not all a stall tactic designed to keep Lukon waiting while militia was stockpiled?

That Malice was not stalling, Robin was not stalling?  We were simply waiting for a vote of the people?

It was then unfortunate that the militia was being built up at the same time... as that was a key indicator that it was all a ruse to buy time for defense.
I have a feeling Valakyrie did not read Ash letters at all. Heh  ;D
Ash was stating that Oritolon need a little bit of time for the referendum to conclude.

As this matter was long past point of no return, I gladly shared some of the events here.

Alebad city did not have militia prior to Lukon first attack. Its militia was hastily raised once it became clear to Oritolon that Lukon was being deadly serious. The Iglavik region militia was just barely enough to handle monsters/undead attacks. If that was what Lukon scout reports about Oritolon raising militia. Iglavik militia was raised by Priestess May, the latest Region Lord after Art Rowan went missing due to real life.

When Actrial the Marshal noticed too many priests(Blind God, Path of Chivalry and then later on, Shadowism priests) in Oritolon and requesting for them to become warriors, Actrial was reported to the Magistrate for IR violation. With too many priests, Oritolon has barely enough nobles head count for the army to fight off Lukon.

Robin was the ringleader of the protests and ruckus. He basically rallied most of the younger nobles behind him. People that hadn't even been around for the war with Minas Thalion (and, crucially, to witness what a great friend Lukon could be). It really wasn't your usual suspects. I think Robin was a very active character behind the scenes who had probably been cultivating relationships with our younger nobles for a long while on the sly. In hindsight I think he seized upon Lukon's proposals as an opportunity to try and unseat Malice but it was bad timing as Malice felt he had to do everything he could to cling on in the circumstances. Maybe this is all Malice' fault for having such a poor relationship with such an ambitious fellow?

Ash already had an odd feeling that Robin had somehow been plotting behind the scene with others. It was long time ago when Ash was a Judge and caught Robin own brother who was in Minas Thalion during the Oritolon-Minas Thalion war. When his double-face whammy was discovered, he still dared to try weasel his way out by messaging both of us, me and our Judge Pyran at that time personally. Of course Pyran not that easy to fall for his bait and he informed Malice, our Prime Minister at that time. Being a proud loyal Oritolonian, Ash raised up this matter, included Queen Valakyrie letter as supporting evidence of Robin betrayal in the council.

What happened with Thorbjorn later was, I think, a surprise for everybody. He campaigned for office saying he opposed the empire then suddenly became a supporter of it almost overnight. But by then there was a feeling in Oritolon of 'well, we've already made our bed' and talk of temporary ceasefires didn't sound right given that this was Lukon. When Thorbjorn attempted to exile Actrial, Oritolon passed the point of no return, if she had not already.
This is the part I will never understand. Thorbjorn at first opposed the empire, suddenly become empire supporter. When he exiled Actrial the decorated war veteran for looting Lukon lands, not many nobles supported his decision.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)