Author Topic: New character help (Looking for a realm)  (Read 11142 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
New character help (Looking for a realm)
« Topic Start: January 25, 2013, 09:09:33 AM »
Hello everyone.

I'm looking to possibly make a new character either on East Island or the Far East. I once played a character in both Ohnar West and Arcaea in the past.

So, I'd like to hear reasons why I should make a character on the Far East and what realm I should join. Any realm interested in having a Silverfire come aboard? (Feel free to pitch your own realms and let the in game biases show through)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New character help (Looking for a realm)
« Reply #1: January 25, 2013, 10:45:38 AM »
Definately join Ohnar West. We're the underdog in the region, not afraid to stand up for ourselves against  bullies like Arcaea and Sorraine or Coralynth. Last war, we humiliated the superior forces of Sorraine, getting as many regions as them. If there is a war, its almost guaranteed we'll be in it... Plus we have a cool religion, and are fighting to survive every minute. We need knights, and we are liberal in sharing our gold.

A summary of our last war-

Sorraine surrenders to Ohnar West

In a dramatic, yet not unexpected move, Queen Arianne of Sorraine was forced to eat humble pie, surrendering all Sartanian claims to Ohnarian territory, including ceding their claims to Hosiel, Upasael, and Abilotiel to Ohnar.

The war, started by Queen Mathilda of Sorraine to wipe Ohnar off the map, and destroy the Way of the Dragon, wasn't expected to last very long, owing to the vast gold and military reserves of the three duchy Sorraine. However, the nobles of Ohnar doggedly opposed the invasion forces, mobilising their poor city and three rural regions, crushing the invading zealots in all but one military encounter.

Within less than a month and a half after the declaration of war, Ohnar forced Sorraine to the negotiating table, having taken Abilotiel, Upasael and Hosiel, and laid waste to Arempos and Anaos, deep behind Sorrainian lines. With their regions starving and in disrepair, their armies defeated, and will broken, the Sartanians finally accepted peace. Queen Mathilda was learnt to have fled in shame following news of the Sorrainian collapse, as had the Crown Prince and general, Henzo.

Ohnar West, though it had been threatened with destruction, death and torture by Sorraine, took the high road, offering generous terms of peace to Sorraine, to maintain a balance of power between the two realms at two cities each. Prideful Sorraine, to forestall this however, sold their sovereignty to Velax, joining the Arcaean Empire, trying to pull Arcaea into the conflict. Finally, Sorraine agreed to cede Ossaet and Semon should they commit further aggression against Ohnar, and end their religious persecution against the Way of the Dragon, bringing an end to the War of Sartanian Dominion over Sasrhas.

Peace has settled once more upon the Far East, but the question of how long the Sartanians will accept being under the command and heel of a "heathen" as members of the Arcaean Empire looms large ahead.

We should have more conflict going very soon.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2: January 25, 2013, 11:52:37 AM »
Yay for propaganda...

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 25, 2013, 01:04:43 PM »
Bah! I don't care what realm you join but a silverfire would be welcome in the Order of the Epders. We need more politicking.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 25, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »
Join the Principality of Zonasa. It's an absolute snorefest, and needs something to liven it up.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 25, 2013, 02:23:46 PM »
If you want to get to the top quickly then try Sorraine. There was one knight who joined the realm and less than a month later he was made the official heir to the throne and the General.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 25, 2013, 02:52:53 PM »
Join the Principality of Zonasa. It's an absolute snorefest, and needs something to liven it up.

What, even assassination attempts on the Regent didn't liven things up?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: January 25, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
If you want to get to the top quickly then try Sorraine. There was one knight who joined the realm and less than a month later he was made the official heir to the throne and the General.

Please don't remind me of that... I'm actually a little ashamed of the situation that followed.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 25, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
Ohnar West, if you like the possibility of destruction in the event of a political hiccup.

Kindara is a safe bet, if not a little slow. We try to keep new knights around. Zonasa is probably the same way.

Arcaea is the safest bet, but the downside is you'll never have the chance to fight Arcaea.

I don't really know anything about Greater Aneilia, Sorraine, or Coralynth.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 25, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
Is there a reason I want to fight Arcaea?

What is the Order of the Elders?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 25, 2013, 08:02:55 PM »
Order of Elders is one of the largest religions on FEI. It doesn't control any realms outright, but it is very widespread, and has quite a few noble members who are powerful in their own right.

While there are a few large religions on FEI, they mostly shy away from taking any direct involvement in politics. Realms usually go in big for the "separation of church and state" schtick. Except for the Sartanians, of course. And they often seem like a Three Stooges kind of act.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 25, 2013, 08:30:27 PM »
Is there a reason I want to fight Arcaea?

What is the Order of the Elders?

They're the biggest, so more prestige from beating them.

It's the dominant religion in the south.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 25, 2013, 08:36:49 PM »
What is Cathay, chopped liver?

Quick advancement in that we're pretty big but with fewer nobles than Kindara or Arcaea but not so few that nothing happens, rewards based on participation rather than seniority, a small core of reliable RPers (not as big as the old days, unfortunately) and of course, Ser Ulwitt Dodd.

Cathay will also have a central role in the next Big Thing as both sides are likely to solicit their support.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 26, 2013, 12:49:36 AM »
What, even assassination attempts on the Regent didn't liven things up?

I didn't hear any of this... who is the hero that tried to assassinate Morgan?  :D

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 26, 2013, 01:16:05 AM »
Cathay kicks ass and is easily the best realm in the game. Largely because I'm in it.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre