Author Topic: Pick up volounteers  (Read 11418 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Pick up volounteers
« Reply #30: April 15, 2011, 02:47:17 PM »
Yes tim but sometimes armies are needed elsewhere and having the lord with 50 men doing 12 hours of police work can really help to delay the revolts at least until the armies can get back.

As I said it does not make a huge difference and indeed never I checked the class of a Lord before appointing him, but I believe the inability to perform civil/police work still affects a bit the hero. that's all.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 20, 2011, 07:17:50 AM »
What is an estimate for the quality of troops for picking up volunteers? Normally when I lead infantry or archers I never think it is worth it. I just started leading cavalry though, and you generally lead less troops. So I am curious if picking up free cavalry units would be worth it at all.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 20, 2011, 07:27:05 AM »
One of my heroes was regularly able to find volunteers for her very-high-quality SF unit.

Until she wasn't, for a while.

And then she was again.

The perks of being a dev? ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 20, 2011, 08:45:56 AM »
What is an estimate for the quality of troops for picking up volunteers? Normally when I lead infantry or archers I never think it is worth it. I just started leading cavalry though, and you generally lead less troops. So I am curious if picking up free cavalry units would be worth it at all.

quality? eh... the ones you pick up are exactly the same as the ones you have in terms of equipment... the training/cohesion will take a blow though i think.
firefox

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 20, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
quality? eh... the ones you pick up are exactly the same as the ones you have in terms of equipment... the training/cohesion will take a blow though i think.

yes that's it. The drop of coherence/training is proportional to the ratio between former number of man / volunteers, I would guess.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 20, 2011, 03:14:32 PM »

O wow thats amazing thanks. Picking up volunteers is actually good then.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #36: October 20, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
Especially when you don't have the cash to recruit a new unit.