Author Topic: Visiting family home  (Read 13761 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting family home
« Reply #30: April 12, 2011, 05:59:33 AM »
Implementing some kind of real, established Year/Time Keeping system into the game would be wonderful, I think.

One of the AWESOME things about BattleMaster is the persistent world and all of the histories, cultures, events and stories that are told over time. Additionally, all of these can be easily kept track of and recorded on the awesome Wiki we have. Unfortunately, the ONE major hindrance to record keeping the game's lack of time keeping. It seems every article, realm, or continent page keeps track of time differently. It's pretty frustrating. There's the whole let's March 1009 (for March 2009) method, Dwilight has had the benefit of keeping track of game years from the beginning of the continent through seasons (DY 14 now? Almost 15?). Some people just don't even bother with it and don't list a timeline for things at all.

Personally, I would love to see a yeared notation or some kind of date/time keeping added to the game.

Another reason to love Dwilight: built-in chronology!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

« Reply #31: April 12, 2011, 06:48:01 AM »
Confirmed false.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Lemon_Fame_2

Hmm. So why spend all the gold, and spend all the time having your hero walk around with a ton of gold? Simply for RP purposes?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 12, 2011, 02:30:03 PM »
You can visit your family home to get gold, without risking the prestige loss for calling for support. And some people just like having their family home in an island where they actually play.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #33: April 12, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
You also get some region info where the house is. I think you get harvest, tax, and local independence info in vague amounts.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 13, 2011, 10:50:44 AM »
Confirmed false.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Lemon_Fame_2

I've never quite believed that was false. I swear I got a fame point for moving my family home years and years ago. It was chasing fame that led me to do it at all and I don't recall being disappointed :-\

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #35: April 13, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »
Hm, I moved my family home to Tahgalez, got no fame? This was during 4th Inv, so somewhat recent.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 13, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »
For me we're talking between July-October '05. So maybe it's the case the code changed since? But I remember being quite sure I'd grabbed a fame point for moving the family home at the time.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 13, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »
No fame points have ever been removed.

And moving the family home has never been a fame point.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan