Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2: Grandparent Inheritance Mod (help?)  (Read 3870 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Hey everyone.

I'm currently working with some folks to create a mod for CK2 that allows genetic traits relating to body type, attractiveness, and intelligence to all be passed down not just from your parents but also your grandparents contributing genetic material. This makes the "family" aspect of the game much more engaging because marriages will become important decisions not just for what you want politically. In addition, the way the mod works, is that certain dynasties will develop "dynastic traits" over the course of the game simply because it is easier to retain traits once it has become embedded in your family line. This applies to both good and bad traits.

Each trait type such as intelligence now has 7 possibly attributes. For instance you can be any of the following: Genius, Quick, Smart, Average Intellect, Dumb, Slow, or Imbecile.

However, I need someone to help me finish the mod. The back-end inheritances have already been worked out. The 2-generation stuff all works. What I need are images for all of the new traits so that they visually show up in game.

Also, anyone with any modding expertise on CK2, if they have made mods for it before I'd love to get a PM on it. I have specific questions which I want to ask as well about adjusting things I have already done.

Let me know if you'd like to help me finish this up.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."