Author Topic: Star Citizen/Squadron 42  (Read 2668 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Star Citizen/Squadron 42
« Topic Start: January 27, 2013, 11:44:15 PM »
For those of you who used to play Wing Commander or Freelancer, the person responsible for those games is coming out with a new game I think you all will like.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/?rid=23879

It's called Star Citizen, with a single player campaign that will be called Squadron 42. The game will have a huge number of systems to explore, and an almost infinite number of ways to play the game.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Star Citizen/Squadron 42
« Reply #1: February 02, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Yeah, looking amazing so far.  I like that they'll continually add systems, but explorer players will have to find the jump gates or whatever they're called to them.  Which will be named after the player permanently. 

egamma

« Reply #2: February 02, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »
Yeah, looking amazing so far.  I like that they'll continually add systems, but explorer players will have to find the jump gates or whatever they're called to them.  Which will be named after the player permanently.

It may be a little confusing if three or four gates are named after the same player...

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3: February 02, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »
Not the gate, the new system will be named after the player.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 03, 2013, 12:30:57 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this game. I loved Freelancer and I'm hoping Chris and his team can build on that legacy (and that of his other games) and give us another fantastic game. Since I played Freelancer as a trader, I backed to get the trader ship (The Freelancer) which I hope to use to build up a bit of cash and then go exploring :D

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 05, 2013, 05:35:11 AM »
Man, I was so excited when I saw the kickstarter for this that I actually donated during the campaign drive. I'm looking forward to my Origin 300xi :3
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.