Author Topic: Exile - Last Ditch Effort or Self Infliction?  (Read 29945 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Exile - Last Ditch Effort or Self Infliction?
« Topic Start: January 30, 2013, 04:21:49 AM »
So the Ruler of my realm just exiled a Duke for very good reasons, and this message came up:

Noble exiled   (4 hours, 52 minutes ago)
****, **** of ****l has exiled ****, Duke of ****, Viscount of **** from the realm!
As a consequence, **** can no longer use most of the realms infrastructure, however he retains all titles and is still a member of the realm unless he leaves.
**** is, if you want to see it that way, engaging in a power contest with a hated enemy here. The longer **** can stay in the realm despite being exiled, the more honour and prestige **** will lose.

How is this option in anyway worthwhile? I thought exile was a way to remove Duke's not to injure oneself in the long run. Where does any of that say it is a bad thing for the guy getting exiled? He retains all titles and is still a member of the realm? Why bother, is my question?

Does the exiled person suffer any real consequences or can they just tramp around as a nuisance for as long as they feel like causing a steady decrease in the Ruler's stats?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there