Author Topic: Feudal Hierarchy - Respect/Deference  (Read 20022 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Feudal Hierarchy - Respect/Deference
« Reply #60: February 03, 2013, 08:15:11 PM »
I agree. I am surprised that Zonasa has not tried harder to portray Arcaea as standing in the way of justice and all that. I would think that they would be doing their best to outline this as an attack by Arcaea and try to get people on board. Sending investigators sounds so silly to me!

Morgan is extremely anti-confrontational. Almost absurdly so.

For him to suddenly flip and start declaring that Arcaea is a brazen imperialist bent on world domination or something would be a huge departure for him.

Which is why Zonasa should elect Baranion Ruler, instead! ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: February 03, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
I am new to the Far East and have a lot to learn. At the same time, I was not even going that far. Something like "An agent of Arcaea tried to kill me and Arcaea is obstructing due justice. They are responsible for the actions of their nobles at the least and this wanton obstruction only makes them more bad. Please join me into pressuring those bastards into giving me the infils head on a platter." sounds like a minimum to me... Can a Cathayan vote for this Baranion dude?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: February 03, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »
I understand that there are only one or two of those people left.

Not sure, myself.  Most of them were Arcaeans, for the obvious reasons.  I know there are at least two left, and those two are in a good enough position to stop Jenred should he do something as insane as declaring himself God-Emperor.

@Bedwyr: so, the lesson is Jenred is crazy?

Yes.  I've been saying it for years.  I don't know why no one believes me...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: February 03, 2013, 09:02:17 PM »
Yes.  I've been saying it for years.  I don't know why no one believes me...
Perhaps because Jenred has been the kind of crazy that gets !@#$ done?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: February 03, 2013, 11:02:19 PM »
Perhaps because Jenred has been the kind of crazy that gets !@#$ done?

I suppose so, yes.  Doesn't mean he's not nuts.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: February 04, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »
Um, this has gone extremely off topic. Perhaps if you want to discuss this, split the thread into a new topic?

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."