Author Topic: Exile - Last Ditch Effort or Self Infliction?  (Read 29959 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Exile - Last Ditch Effort or Self Infliction?
« Reply #30: February 01, 2013, 07:25:59 AM »
I just went through these in the Banning Royals thread, but here are a number of steps to take to get rid of a troublesome Duke:

1. Dissolve his duchy.

How does this work, exactly?

Can a ruler just unilaterally eliminate a duchy? That still wouldn't remove him as lord of course, but I'd be surprised if rulers had that kind of one-click power to prevent a secession.

I just went through these in the Banning Royals thread, but here are a number of steps to take to get rid of a troublesome Duke:

2. If he rules a city, stop selling him food and wait for the peasantry to toss him out on his butt. This is inevitable if you can make the food embargo stick.

4. In conjunction with stabbings, sick a priest/diplomat on his region to destroy morale and loyalty while he's (hopefully) wounded and hope the peasants toss him out.

5. Get a priest to auto da fe the bastard multiple times until one sticks.

6. Fine him into oblivion.

7. Tax him into oblivion.

Or a very simple combination of these.

Ask yourself, "What is the must frustrating part of Dwilight?"

Answer: everything goes rogue.

Solution: drive the region rogue.

How?
1. Tax him massively/exile him so he can't add militia
2. Stop defending his region
3. Use priests/ambassadors to screw up his region
4. Don't sell him food
5. Find allies abroad to come and sit in his region to loot it repeatedly

Starvation, political meddling, and an enemy army burning the region down will drive it rogue, and it probably wouldn't even take THAT long. Though I guess BR probably has a food surplus, so starvation may not work.

Actually... can you loot your own realm?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner