Author Topic: Exile - Last Ditch Effort or Self Infliction?  (Read 29832 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Exile - Last Ditch Effort or Self Infliction?
« Reply #75: February 02, 2013, 03:58:03 PM »
If it took so little to convert it, I'm confident I could do the same. ;)

But then again, I wouldn't do so without an express request from SA elders. Nothing stops any random SA priest schmuck from instigating unrest, though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:07:07 PM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: February 02, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
If it took so little to convert it, I'm confident I could do the same. ;)

But then again, I would do so without an express request from SA elders. Nothing stops any random SA priest schmuck from instigating unrest, though.

Except the crucifixion that follows.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: February 02, 2013, 04:06:38 PM »
Except the crucifixion that follows.

Or so you say.

Can't demote a priest, can't kick him out either. It's for Swordfell to weigh whether it prefers Lurians crippling their realm, or possibly having a few people discontent with their actions within the church.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: February 02, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »
Or so you say.

Can't demote a priest, can't kick him out either. It's for Swordfell to weigh whether it prefers Lurians crippling their realm, or possibly having a few people discontent with their actions within the church.

No Lurian is trying to cripple the realm. Sevastian is holding onto his domain and acting the part of a Duke. Abbigal, Bowie, and their actions are what have been causing problems since the protests. I was perfectly content to hang out and just develop BR. Now in order to do that, I have to ensure my continued sovereignty. It's not my fault that Abbigal nor Bowie understands that their demands have been offensive or ridiculous. After promising ducal sovereignty and freedom to develop his duchy as he wished, trying to unseat him because you are jealous of his region and power is just silly.

Particularly since he does still hold power. Exile status is just a minor setback.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: February 02, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »
Or so you say.

You can't demote a priest from Full Member status, but you can demote one. The ramifications of a priest abusing their powers for political purpose is typically much more severe in SA.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: February 02, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »
You can't demote a priest from Full Member status, but you can demote one. The ramifications of a priest abusing their powers for political purpose is typically much more severe in SA.

Yes, that's what I meant.

In any case, I'm no SA priest, the decision ain't mine to take. It still is an option, however.

Easiest way would probably be to take over the West Divide, give it to D'Hara, put ton of militia in BR, wait for it to bankrupt and for all militia to leave, then ask for D'Hara to invade and TO BR. Then D'Hara can give it all back. After all, Sevastian is threatening D'Haran ambassadors for no reason and inciting violence.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: February 02, 2013, 05:04:56 PM »

In any case, I'm no SA priest, the decision ain't mine to take. It still is an option, however.

Easiest way would probably be to take over the West Divide, give it to D'Hara, put ton of militia in BR, wait for it to bankrupt and for all militia to leave, then ask for D'Hara to invade and TO BR. Then D'Hara can give it all back. After all, Sevastian is threatening D'Haran ambassadors for no reason and inciting violence.

It's just Machaviel. He should be insulted if he wasn't be threatened while in lands recognized to be Lurian. Plus asking D'hara to take over a region is like asking Betty White to help you move a couch to the curb through a narrow doorway.

egamma

« Reply #82: February 02, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »
It's just Machaviel. He should be insulted if he wasn't be threatened while in lands recognized to be Lurian. Plus asking D'hara to take over a region is like asking Betty White to help you move a couch to the curb through a narrow doorway.

And yet D'Hara managed to outlast Solaria. Interesting, that.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: February 02, 2013, 05:12:07 PM »

Not in any way that is meaningful to a competition between them.

The realm named Solaria is gone because of Lurian politics, but almost all the lands are still Lurian, and pretty much still governed by Malus.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: February 02, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »

Sevastian hasn't threatened a D'Haran since he left Luria Nova. You are being overly sensitive. Dayumn.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: February 02, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »

I love how D'harans tout that as a victory or something. Luria is more than a single realm. All Solaria's dissolution did was provide Luria with a stronger, more centralized power base.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: February 02, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »
I love how D'harans tout that as a victory or something. Luria is more than a single realm. All Solaria's dissolution did was provide Luria with a stronger, more centralized power base.

For Luria's eternal Glory.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: February 02, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »

A stronger, more centralized power base still incapable of gaining any grounds against D'Hara, heck even losing the lands it had acquired while D'Hara was on the western front.

And Woelfy, if the following was not meant to be a thinly-veiled threat, my mind is blown.

Letter from Sevastian Guile   (2 days, 1 hour ago)
Ambassador Chénier,

Is there a reason you have come to my stronghold unannounced? I assume you are here to work with Allison's puppet Bowie. I recommend not sticking around too long. My vassals and peasants detest your church, and are rather violent these days.

I do hope life is pleasant on the isles, and that peace can be found in the region.

Regards,

Sevastian Guile
Duke of The Courts of Stone
Viscount of Balance's Retreat

I can certainly understand Sevastian denying it, much like Machiavel is indeed being overly sensitive about it, but I have a really hard time believing that a threat was not the intent behind these words.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: February 02, 2013, 08:26:54 PM »
It was a statement of the most recent priesty report Sevastian, and thus I, have seen in the region, your church wasn't liked. I was being factual.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: February 02, 2013, 08:32:23 PM »
It was a statement of the most recent priesty report Sevastian, and thus I, have seen in the region, your church wasn't liked. I was being factual.

On what are you basing this? SA isn't hateful to VE last I knew, and SA members in my realm seemed to have confirmed this. There are no region-tied "sympathy" towards any given religion that I know of. I've never said a region report say "the locals don't like X faith", and I've never seen that in a religion report either.