Author Topic: I figured out what is wrong with Trade...and how to fix it  (Read 45821 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
You're absolutely right, egamma.

Unfortunately, this isn't news to the dev team.

Adding another resource will require a lot of thought and planning—not just because it'll require code changes in various places to make the other resource matter, but because we need to find just the right balance where it matters enough that people care about it (so they will actually be willing to buy it, and even go to war for it in extreme circumstances), but not too much, so that, as Chénier says, it causes the entire realm to break down when there isn't enough.

We also recognize that there is a certain amount of truth to what LilWolf says. We do intend to add more automation to the current system (at a bare minimum, automatic sell orders), but not enough so that one person can set up a system that works for a realm forevermore into the future, without ever being looked at again. That would be tantamount to just removing resources from the game altogether.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan