Author Topic: Non-responsive Group, what do you do?  (Read 1814 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Non-responsive Group, what do you do?
« Topic Start: February 25, 2013, 07:37:10 AM »
If you have a message group that you can't get to talk, what do you do to make people more chatty?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: Non-responsive Group, what do you do?
« Reply #1: February 25, 2013, 07:40:49 AM »
Order them to talk! If they dont, get them fined/banned and they sure start to talk :P
~Violence is always an option!~

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 25, 2013, 07:41:58 AM »
If you have a message group that you can't get to talk, what do you do to make people more chatty?

Make yourself King. (And disband the message group)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 25, 2013, 09:29:55 AM »

Doing something stupid is an efficient, if sometimes unpleasant, way to get people to talk more.  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: February 26, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »
If you can't get them to laugh with you, you can certainly get them to laugh at you. -_-
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 27, 2013, 02:51:44 AM »
Make yourself King. (And disband the message group)
That does not make the group talk to more.
Doing something stupid is an efficient, if sometimes unpleasant, way to get people to talk more.  ;D
While I just said general chattiness, I am hoping that its something general that actually is relevant and that the activity is persistent, not just a one-time thing.
If you can't get them to laugh with you, you can certainly get them to laugh at you. -_-
While lightening up the mood, with some comedy is probably a good idea, I don't think that will solve the problem completely nor I am exactly the best comedian. And yeah, I turned your suggestion into something a bit different.
Order them to talk! If they dont, get them fined/banned and they sure start to talk :P
Fining could help though I am never going to ban someone over it, that's not option when your realm is at war and poor so those being fined would end up asking the lords for gold for the unit, ie the lords end up paying the fine.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton