Author Topic: Rulers and New Estate System  (Read 2318 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Rulers and New Estate System
« Topic Start: February 01, 2013, 06:47:39 AM »
So, under the old estate system, if someone was elected as Ruler they sometimes lost their other titles such as Lord, duke, etc... depending upon the circumstances.

My question is does a Duke that becomes Ruler lose their ducal position upon becoming Ruler under the new system?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Rulers and New Estate System
« Reply #1: February 01, 2013, 07:26:57 AM »
My question is does a Duke that becomes Ruler lose their ducal position upon becoming Ruler under the new system?
No. The removal of titles is only to keep the chain of command. You can't be duke and have an estate without being region lord as that means someone is both above you yet below you and makes no sense. Same thing with being a ruler in that you can't be a lord and ruler without being duke because your duke would be your vassal and boss, which again does not make sense.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 01, 2013, 01:15:35 PM »
No. The removal of titles is only to keep the chain of command. You can't be duke and have an estate without being region lord as that means someone is both above you yet below you and makes no sense. Same thing with being a ruler in that you can't be a lord and ruler without being duke because your duke would be your vassal and boss, which again does not make sense.

Yes and no. I'm pretty sure that some government elections still kick out the incumbent. I may be wrong, as it might have changed, but I remember having to rerun for some of my lordship titles after winning a ruler election. That was likely before the new system, though, but I was under the impression that most of what I've witnessed since was due to this code, and not the oath auto-"fix" that runs two hours after TC.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 01, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
i think folcard wasn't kicked.
firefox

egamma

« Reply #4: February 02, 2013, 04:18:04 AM »
So, under the old estate system, if someone was elected as Ruler they sometimes lost their other titles such as Lord, duke, etc... depending upon the circumstances.

No.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 27, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »
When Yeux became King he lost his titles as Margrave and Duke... but he's the King, he just appoint himself again for his position as Duke and appointed somone else as Margrave in a day of good humor. The only problem is that he don't have a region nor estates.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 27, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »
When Yeux became King he lost his titles as Margrave and Duke... but he's the King, he just appoint himself again for his position as Duke and appointed somone else as Margrave in a day of good humor. The only problem is that he don't have a region nor estates.

When the duke of York stepped down, Stanislav Chénier (the king, me) was able to appoint himself both duke and margrave.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 27, 2013, 05:08:36 PM »
I just decided let someone else take place as Margrave to continue just as Duke and King. But yes, we can appoint for Duke and Margrave.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: February 27, 2013, 05:37:43 PM »
Why does he lose his dukedom and margraveship when he became king?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.