Author Topic: What constitutes "exploiting a bug"?  (Read 4414 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
What constitutes "exploiting a bug"?
« Topic Start: February 04, 2013, 04:27:56 AM »
Recently there was a character executed by one of the realms I play in. A bug resulted in this character remaining alive. Is continuing to play this character exploiting that bug?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What constitutes "exploiting a bug"?
« Reply #1: February 04, 2013, 04:37:37 AM »
Recently there was a character executed by one of the realms I play in. A bug resulted in this character remaining alive. Is continuing to play this character exploiting that bug?

I wouldn't say so, no. You aren't forced to compensate for a bug, just to roll with it. It is possible for a character to escape execution under a few circumstances, it's best to just RP it that way.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chaotrance13

« Reply #2: February 04, 2013, 04:43:42 AM »
I believe that some of us are currently RPing it that Malo is an undead abomination as an example here. Unless he doesn't want to us to do that.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 04, 2013, 05:03:16 AM »
I believe that some of us are currently RPing it that Malo is an undead abomination as an example here. Unless he doesn't want to us to do that.

This sounds amazing.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 04, 2013, 05:38:10 AM »
I would say that the character has no choice in how others describe him. He has every right to object IC, claim that the accusations are flase and all that. It is only a problem if people start RPing actions on his part without his consent. I do not need anyone's permission to call them and idiot and I need just as much permission to call someone a foul walking corpse.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 04, 2013, 06:04:46 AM »
He seems to be rolling with the undead abomination bit. He was 'resurrected by his god to give the heathens another chance' or something along those lines. I couldn't hear it over the rattling of pitchforks and torches from the populous of Perdan.

Best bug ever, if you ask me.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 04, 2013, 06:52:23 AM »
If he knew about the bug and used it to avoid death, that's abuse.

If it just so happens there's a bug, and it had nothing to do with him, that's not abuse.

If there's a rash of people getting captured after bans and avoiding execution, we might think there's abuse going on. But no, just happening to have a bug go your way does not constitute abuse.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 04, 2013, 08:53:51 PM »
He seems to be rolling with the undead abomination bit. He was 'resurrected by his god to give the heathens another chance' or something along those lines

He thinks he was saved by Ramsus at the point of death to reveal secret teachings about the gods that he found in sacred texts in the ashes of Ibladesh. He's now on a journey to find out what was good and true in the religion.

Some others think he's a deluded undead abomination with its head hanging off its shoulders.

Either way, this has to be the most fun we've ever got from a bug!

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 04, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
He thinks he was saved by Ramsus at the point of death to reveal secret teachings about the gods that he found in sacred texts in the ashes of Ibladesh. He's now on a journey to find out what was good and true in the religion.

Some others think he's a deluded undead abomination with its head hanging off its shoulders.

Either way, this has to be the most fun we've ever got from a bug!

That was the storyline I came up with for my Priest of CoI! When he was a warrior he got stabbed and seriously wounded by an infil, and I RPed him having a vision of Ramsus who gave him a task. When he recovered I changed him over to Priest.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 05, 2013, 08:03:16 PM »
Can't say it wasn't annoying the fact he didn't die but we dealt the whole thing IC and it was fun. He played along so no problem.

In fact it is funny and he can use it to actually rp an awesome char, can't say my Judge will be happy with the realm that will border an undead though or worse someone who deals with the dark side :P but in game talking it will be fun.

still sad he didn't die though :D
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 06, 2013, 01:40:50 AM »
OK, I believe the question has been answered and we've gone off topic.

If you don't have anything relevant to the original question posed please refrain from posting.

Thanks!
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.