Author Topic: Forced Realm Splits and Voluntary Realm Mergers  (Read 32028 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Forced Realm Splits and Voluntary Realm Mergers
« Reply #90: February 16, 2013, 10:13:28 AM »
Okay you're not getting what I'm saying.

A situation where literally it's been multiple RL years, multiple different kings by multiple players. Whenever a player becomes king, he drops his previous council position, shifting it to his other character. Same with duchies. Cycle'em through. And a player from years ago no longer present is regarded as the only real predecessor– everybody in between is a placeholder. When a character shows up from an old player unpausing or whatever, other players rally round to name him king based on his hereditary claim: which makes IC sense, yes. But is OOCly extremely damaging for the game.

It's not an IC legtimacy thing ultimately. It's a, "Was this player friends with that one dude who played a king character a long time ago? No? Well, no need to give him any positions!"

I think Kerwin became king by a fluke– hence why the etsablishment, like Athena and Arturius, quite disliked him. And Cyrilos only got any power because of Kerwin.

But now CE has effectively broken up Eston's power clique. Which is a very good thing.

That sounds like the Eston I remember. After Matt Hetland passed away it all turned to !@#$, and I was disgusted at how some of his RL friends used his death as a blank check to turn the realm into their personal sandbox.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: February 16, 2013, 06:32:49 PM »
That sounds like the Eston I remember. After Matt Hetland passed away it all turned to !@#$, and I was disgusted at how some of his RL friends used his death as a blank check to turn the realm into their personal sandbox.

This. I guess I was trying to be delicate– but yeah, this.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: February 16, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »

Sounds like Hetland... and how disgusted I was by their players.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #93: February 16, 2013, 10:38:12 PM »
I never really interacted much with Hetland, and with Eston I only had a character there very briefly. 

Though I will say his last name DID make for a decent realm name.

Honestly though, if they wanted to play the whole "he was our last recognized king" they really should have changed the ruler's title to Regent or High Steward or something.