Author Topic: Some travel questions for the germans out there  (Read 2657 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, I know the BattleMaster community is a very diverse one, so I thought I'd come to you and maybe get some information from someone local(-ish) to the area.

In a couple weeks (or so) I plan on taking a trip to Germany to visit my girlfriend. I'm looking for good ways (and hopefully affordable) to get from Frankfurt to Kaiserlautern or Ramstein-Miesenbach. I'm actually looking to get to the Ramstein Air Base, but those are the two nearest towns/cities that I can tell.

So far it looks like taking the train would probably be the easiest, but that means I still need to get between the airport and the train station.

Of course, if you have any suggestions, all ideas welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Where are you from? If you're not an european resident, you should consider Eurail passes:

http://www.eurail.com/

They allow you unlimited passages through any inter-city train in the countries you have selected for much cheaper than the day passes you can buy locally, and often cheaper than one-way tickets if you trip is long enough. They're perfect if you want to see lots of places.

If Frankfurt-Ramstein is the only trip you plan to make, though, you're probably better off just buying a ticket.

As for the train, there is a train station in the airport. Look for a departure from "Frankfurt(M) Flughafen". Be careful to look for tickets from Frankfurt-am-Main, there is another city called Frankfurt in eastern germany.

After all it's a roleplaying game.