Author Topic: Post invasion politics  (Read 58387 times)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Post invasion politics
« Topic Start: February 04, 2013, 08:25:05 PM »
With the successfull rebellion in Melhed, wether its open or not, BT has a new semi-theocracy. They may admit it or not, but with having the Bloodspeaker founder choosing which religions the Lords can have does show some inclination...

That said, what are the current views of the Bloodspeakers towards other religions?
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

skiarxon@gmail.com

Re: Post invasion politics
« Reply #1: February 04, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
With the successfull rebellion in Melhed, wether its open or not, BT has a new semi-theocracy. They may admit it or not, but with having the Bloodspeaker founder choosing which religions the Lords can have does show some inclination...

That said, what are the current views of the Bloodspeakers towards other religions?

Destroy Melhed. Problem solved.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 04, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »

friendly, with the exception of the golden feathers.
Who are the only evil religion for the bloodspeakers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:41:53 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 04, 2013, 09:42:16 PM »
I have already noticed the friendliness with the Daimon-lovers... Too bad Pierre is hitting another rock bottom. :p
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 04, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »
I can't wait to see where the first war comes from. Some kind of Melhed/Thalmarkin thing?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 04, 2013, 11:20:12 PM »
I can't wait to see where the first war comes from. Some kind of Melhed/Thalmarkin thing?

That seems the most likely, unless Old Grehk decides to move on this whole Caelum thing and ends up at war with Sint and Nothoi.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 04, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »
I doubt that will happen so long as Caelum doesn't do anything too stupid. OG has agreed to allow the new setup. If we don't do anything to piss off OG, like ban CoH, we should be fine.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 05, 2013, 01:21:07 AM »
OG is taking the view of sitting back and watching to see how Caelum unfolds with the new ruler they appointed. We have only been trying to help the realm from day 1 to get on its feet so it can evolve and prosper into a flourishing realm on Beluaterra. We have offered gold, miltary aid and now in my recent letter to the new ruler, we have offered food as well.

As for other matters, I believe Melhed is the new focus in the North. It will be interesting to see how the politics in the North are shaped with the new leadership installed from the rebellion. Clearly there will be tensions between Thalmarkin and Melhed. I can see a war breaking out.

Only time will tell :)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 05, 2013, 01:45:31 AM »
Thalmarkin is itching for a fight. A showdown with Melhed should be interesting no matter who wins :)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 05, 2013, 05:05:35 AM »
Thalmarkin is itching for a fight. A showdown with Melhed should be interesting no matter who wins :)

Meh, I see it turning into something of a gang-bang if it happens. Melhed doesn't really have any friends that I am aware of, whereas Thalmarkin is lousy with them. That's what Melhed gets for fence-sitting so often. Not to mention managing to piss off both sides of the Fronen vs. Everybody Else war prior to the fifth invasion, which is a real accomplishment.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:16:46 AM by Geronus »

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 05, 2013, 06:10:15 AM »
Meh, I see it turning into something of a gang-bang if it happens. Melhed doesn't really have any friends that I am aware of, whereas Thalmarkin is lousy with them. That's what Melhed gets for fence-sitting so often. Not to mention managing to piss off both sides of the Fronen vs. Everybody Else war prior to the fifth invasion, which is a real accomplishment.

I thought pissing people off was easy in Battlemaster. Well, I'm still learning.  ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 05, 2013, 06:57:40 AM »
I thought pissing people off was easy in Battlemaster. Well, I'm still learning.  ;)
Pissing off both sides is the accomplishment of it
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 05, 2013, 07:53:56 AM »
I have already noticed the friendliness with the Daimon-lovers... Too bad Pierre is hitting another rock bottom. :p

yeah there actual goal is indeed to get the daimons back on beluatera, they clearly preach that.
The speakers are also extremely aggressive, if another religion would declare us evil, we would definatly declare them misguided or even evil as well!
and if they would start preaching in the middle of the speakers sphere of influence, causing various riots and lynchings, they would kindly remove them!

Seriously, if your going to post something at-least post something useful.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:02:25 AM by Nosferatus »

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 05, 2013, 08:06:43 AM »

Melhed didnt do anything diplomaticly (the last months?) it just didnt function at all.
but that doesnt mean individual Melites have friends, or that having friends is necessary to get allies.
In this case i think many realms are looking to join some kind of War.
Lets hope everyone can join in with the fun and may it last, not like any other wars fought thill now on Beluaterra in the last years.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #14: February 05, 2013, 08:32:53 AM »
Melhed didnt do anything diplomaticly (the last months?) it just didnt function at all.
but that doesnt mean individual Melites have friends, or that having friends is necessary to get allies.
In this case i think many realms are looking to join some kind of War.
Lets hope everyone can join in with the fun and may it last, not like any other wars fought thill now on Beluaterra in the last years.

You really think Melhed can last so much in a war?