Author Topic: Post invasion politics  (Read 58638 times)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Post invasion politics
« Reply #15: February 05, 2013, 09:41:35 AM »
yeah there actual goal is indeed to get the daimons back on beluatera, they clearly preach that.
The speakers are also extremely aggressive, if another religion would declare us evil, we would definatly declare them misguided or even evil as well!
and if they would start preaching in the middle of the speakers sphere of influence, causing various riots and lynchings, they would kindly remove them!

Seriously, if your going to post something at-least post something useful.

I didnt say Bloodspeakers loves daimons or wants to summon them, I commented on the attempts of the Bloodspeaker priest to besmudge the OoGF as far away as in Sint, befriending Hemaism (aka daimon-lovers). Though I managed to insult the Pontifex properly in my last letters due to his religion, the diplomatical friendship has made him aware of where all Beluaterran lies originate from (at least now that Chenier is being all silent) :p

Meh, I see it turning into something of a gang-bang if it happens. Melhed doesn't really have any friends that I am aware of, whereas Thalmarkin is lousy with them. That's what Melhed gets for fence-sitting so often. Not to mention managing to piss off both sides of the Fronen vs. Everybody Else war prior to the fifth invasion, which is a real accomplishment.

We would certianly be able to bring up a gang-bang, but thats not really what we are aiming for. We could have smashed Melhed up when they almost attacked us for loosing Lastfell, but we stood back and waited to let Thalmarkin regain strength. Personaly I would prefer a 1 vs 1 war, unless Melhed succeed in getting enough friends in Fronen/Nothoi.

Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 05, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »
I didnt say Bloodspeakers loves daimons or wants to summon them, I commented on the attempts of the Bloodspeaker priest to besmudge the OoGF as far away as in Sint, befriending Hemaism (aka daimon-lovers). Though I managed to insult the Pontifex properly in my last letters due to his religion, the diplomatical friendship has made him aware of where all Beluaterran lies originate from (at least now that Chenier is being all silent) :p

what lies? Pierre simply asked if the rumors where true that Sint priests where also attacked by golden feathers, he noted Melhed to have the same problem.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 05, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
Well, not lies per say, but IG they are very much viewed as lies. Complaining about our aggressiveness and our "plans for northern Beluaterra".

Im not saying we aren't doing the same... but still its proof of the bloodspeakers non-intention of better relations and a great possibility to cancel the treaty for you priests in Thal fair and square. :)

(that addendum has caused Fingolfin quite some grumbling among the lords, and needs to be fixed sooner or later...)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 05, 2013, 11:40:11 AM »
Well, not lies per say, but IG they are very much viewed as lies. Complaining about our aggressiveness and our "plans for northern Beluaterra".

Im not saying we aren't doing the same... but still its proof of the bloodspeakers non-intention of better relations and a great possibility to cancel the treaty for you priests in Thal fair and square. :)

(that addendum has caused Fingolfin quite some grumbling among the lords, and needs to be fixed sooner or later...)

Pierre said in reply to Sints report of priests been beaten that "it(the news from sint) confirms us of the feathers aggressive nature and perhaps there intentions for the north, which do not seem good at all."
And concerning priests in thal, what priests? none of the speakers priests ever used that amendum haha, there way to afraid of golden feathers followers.

Your raising Pierre way to much in the air by your suggestions that he is the source of a network of lies spreading threw Beluaterra, it sounds almost conspiracy like.
Alot is realy realy overexerted, it happened with Davis too when he came in the spot light.
Some of my characters tend to keep working on ways that will create conflicts but don't give them all the honor for it while there many others who deserve it to ;) or perhaps even more.
Pierre is pretty lame and the only speaker who pleads for pushing the speakers to actually talk with the golden feathers for once.
he believes in a united humanity and all that hippy crap.

Im not saying we aren't doing the same... but still its proof of the bloodspeakers non-intention of better relations and a great possibility to cancel the treaty for you priests in Thal fair and square.

Ow and i do hope as a player that war breaks out for everyone in beluaterra, not necessarily in one war but without conflict the game becomes boring.
The way golden feathers and speakers hate each other is a bit silly though, they never underline what parts of each others faith they actually believe are evil.
At least the feathers try by simply making up stuff.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:48:18 AM by Nosferatus »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #19: February 05, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »
Just use a few scrolls already and see if you can get away with it.

Who is not dying to find out what exactly they do?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 05, 2013, 12:07:10 PM »

don't worry tom, Shae will as soon as she has a few more.
we don't want to ruin them.
unless you make them lets say thrice as powerful for a short period?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:11:35 PM by Nosferatus »

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: February 05, 2013, 12:20:48 PM »
Your raising Pierre way to much in the air by your suggestions that he is the source of a network of lies spreading threw Beluaterra, it sounds almost conspiracy like.

Well, the problem is that the only news coming into Thalmarkin is the doings of your characters :)  First Pierre in Unger, then Shae trying to stir a war against Thalmarkin, then Pierre down in Fronen and now new letters from Pierre to Sint... Though there may be others who are even worse, it is easy to see why these two has become large antagonists.

The way golden feathers and speakers hate each other is a bit silly though, they never underline what parts of each others faith they actually believe are evil.
At least the feathers try by simply making up stuff.

Well, the OoGF (i think at least) dislikes the bloodspeakers for a big part because the dislike them... Its like asking christians in the 11th century why they hated the saracens. (might be a bad example but you get my meaning...)

If they are used moderatly it would be fun I think, but would be fun to try a normal war for a change :) But well... I suppose as soon as the moderate use is started all hell will break loose quite fast.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 05, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »

Well, the OoGF (i think at least) dislikes the bloodspeakers for a big part because the dislike them... Its like asking christians in the 11th century why they hated the saracens. (might be a bad example but you get my meaning...)

same with the bloodspeakers, haha

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 05, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »
Meh, I see it turning into something of a gang-bang if it happens. Melhed doesn't really have any friends that I am aware of, whereas Thalmarkin is lousy with them. That's what Melhed gets for fence-sitting so often. Not to mention managing to piss off both sides of the Fronen vs. Everybody Else war prior to the fifth invasion, which is a real accomplishment.

As do I. Really feels like Melhed will make the first moves, and will be severely punished for it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 05, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »

I wish this forum had a 'like' function.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 05, 2013, 03:26:29 PM »
We would certianly be able to bring up a gang-bang, but thats not really what we are aiming for. We could have smashed Melhed up when they almost attacked us for loosing Lastfell, but we stood back and waited to let Thalmarkin regain strength. Personaly I would prefer a 1 vs 1 war, unless Melhed succeed in getting enough friends in Fronen/Nothoi.

Given that peace is boring, you may have a hard time convincing your allies to stay out of it.

Also, I would not foresee Fronen or Nothoi falling into Melhed's orbit... Seems an unlikely friendship to say the least. Fronen maybe would have historical reasons to turn on Thalmarkin, but anyone in Fronen with a memory that long should also remember what Melhed tired to do to us.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: February 05, 2013, 04:46:33 PM »
Melhed did approached Nothoi to improve relations and alliance, they have done a good work helping fight monsters there.

Don't know how it is going to be with the new government.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: February 05, 2013, 06:10:24 PM »
Very few people have contacted the new king so far. You're making many assumptions. And the reasons for the new king hasn't made formal presentations yet 'cause a simple decision to wait for the next days, restructure the government and only then begin the diplomatic work.

Yeux don't have a long history in Beluaterra and he fought only the last invasion for Avalon (and against a horde of Dead Angels... argh). It have good and a bad aspects. It's always a Herculean task to correct the stupidity of past rulers and governments to write a new history from this point when the people will always remember the bad decisions of the past. But something worth to try. And something we have to try.

I will not be demagogic and say Yeux will completely separate the state from religion. But the spread of the Bloodspeakers was natural within Melhed and we faced problems just with the Golden Feather 'cause they realized they were losing followers in Melhed. So they declared us evil without any prior discussion. When our Priests began to be attacked in their own lands while we had Priests of the Golden acting freely, we declare they evil as well. At this point I believe some Priests of the Golden Feather were also attacked within Melhed. Tensions rose further when one of our Priests preached in Lastfell without permission... without Yeux's permission as well. The religious discussions eventually became a subject for the Judges and since then the rights of travel and preaching were restricted in both realms. About worshipers of demons and other theories about the Bloodspeakers is pure ignorance and/or folklore.

About 1x1 war, it's always a good thing. Last time I saw, Melhed still have a good CS and it's amazing how a rebellion can motivate the people and discover how they are loya... and how much the players are willing to give for a good war. In a war of alliances, Melhed need allies. This is something the new King will have to find out.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: February 06, 2013, 03:46:21 AM »
Fronen probably wouldn't get involved in a religious war, too many faiths represented in the Senate for something like that to pass. Though with our current Doge who knows?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: February 06, 2013, 07:38:18 AM »
Fronen probably wouldn't get involved in a religious war, too many faiths represented in the Senate for something like that to pass. Though with our current Doge who knows?

There wont be a religious war, there is only one nasty religion and that are the feathers.
Which your character has been inviting over a couple of times :P