Author Topic: Post invasion politics  (Read 58631 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Post invasion politics
« Reply #210: April 22, 2013, 07:53:59 AM »
As a follow up: There is no "acceptable" level of cheating. If you resort to multiple accounts to extract some advantage, you have begun taking the game way too seriously. Maybe you're thinking of extreme circumstances. Like a war. Well, okay. You're at war. Lots of people are. If you're being beat by otherwise legitimate means (and statistically, you almost certainly are), you're being beat. Full stop. There is no legitimate reason to cheat.
From the sounds of it, he just wanted to be able to play more active characters, he wasn't using them in a power gaming fashion/as in not for advantages. Sure I guess that's still cheating but I feel no anger for wanting to experience more of BM. If I am wrong and he was using his character's to aid his other character's, then yes I am glad he was caught. Any form of multiing may be considered cheating but I would like to see someone try to tell me how multiple accounts, in and of itself, is bad when multiple characters is fine. Multiing is bad because most that multi, multi in the fashion Solari is talking about.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: April 22, 2013, 08:30:15 AM »
Multiing, in any form, violates the Social Contract (the one you signed when you agreed to play, and the one you sign again and again if you multi) and the trust between players, supposedly playing as friends, that you're dealing with different entities behind different families.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: April 22, 2013, 08:43:52 AM »
I agree with Vita.
You accept the social contract from the beginning for a reason.
This game surrounds alot around information and acquiring it, if you have more then one account you circumvent the normal ways of aquiring that information, which normally is social interaction.
You could strictly only play on continents where you don't have any characters yet, but then perhaps we make the line between what is right and what is wrong to weak, and hard to check for the devs.
Saying outright no against more then one account makes a clear line between what you can and what you can't do and allows the devs to more easly monitor it and act to undo it.
What i also noticed from playing two families at the same time is that you less intensively roleplay the both.
Because you can play so many characters you don't put as much time into roleplaying them individually as you normally would.
Now i am playing one noble and one adventurer which gives me much more motivation to roleplay more detailed.

Anaris, i didn't play that account for a year, i played it for a several months.
But it doesn't really matter, i shouldn't have done it.
Nor should anyone else.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: May 03, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »
So.

Post-invasion politics.

Rio's ruler is facing a serious political challenge at home while Rio is going to war. Meanwhile, Rio's diplomacy has led Onamont Vellos to challenge Folcard to a death duel.

Will Folcard be able to survive these challenges to his political strength and physical survival? Only time will tell.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner