Author Topic: Banned for being inactive for 5 Days  (Read 27199 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Banned for being inactive for 5 Days
« Reply #15: February 05, 2013, 08:59:20 PM »
There are acceptable ways to deal with situations like this. I'm trying to ascertain whether this was one of them. Anaris has valid points, but so does Von Genf. I'd also love to see some evidence. Like copies of the private messages Atanamir mentioned. Or did that happen too long ago?

You can ban people for not following orders, but a reasonable effort should be made to be certain that it's not for activity-related reasons. I would expect that to include actions like issuing warnings before issuing punishments and demonstrating a clear and logical escalation while affording the targeted character every opportunity to respond. If you give someone an ultimatum and they don't reply for a week, or they don't reply but are obviously otherwise active (traveling, recruiting, etc.), then punish away. The point is, ask questions first, punish later. Players should be afforded the benefit of the doubt when it comes to anything remotely related to their activity level.

I don't oppose banning in general. I don't even oppose banning for spurious reasons. I oppose witch-hunts to get rid of inactive characters.

Ditto this.