Author Topic: Banned for being inactive for 5 Days  (Read 27008 times)

BattleMaster Server

Banned for being inactive for 5 Days
« Topic Start: February 05, 2013, 07:25:20 PM »
Summary:Banned for being inactive for 5 Days
Violation:Ativity
World:East Continent
Complainer:Joseph Lant
About:Evi Dimi

Full Complaint Text:

In Perdan a number of characters have been mass banned, myself included, simply for not responding to activity requests half of which time was over the Weekend. That is less than half a week's turn around for responding to a query about activity, which surely shouldn't be being asked anyway.

It's not like this was a multi-stage action, starting with a Fine or a revocation of an Estate or such, it was an outright Ban over a very short period of time given for response. (The Game only takes players expected to be active (Govt. Members) out after 6 full days, So I'd consider a Week a minimum fair response time for an ordinary player who might be going through a period of inactivity. In my case, I was balls deep in University Exams and travelling over the weekend.)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Banned for being inactive for 5 Days
« Reply #1: February 05, 2013, 07:27:52 PM »
Can you please provide supporting evidence in the form of any IG "activity requests" received (including OOC messages if applicable) as well as the text of the ban declarations?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 05, 2013, 07:32:51 PM »
Indeed, please provide as much textual evidence as possible.

Also, how many people were banned?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: February 05, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
Banning someone for not being active is a slam-dunk IR violation, no matter if it's 5 or 50 days.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #4: February 05, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »
Three people for not responding to any orders (including orders to recruit troops) or inqueries for over 100 days:

Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen 194 days silent, Partora,  0 troops
Hyzenthflay Ahrairah, 204 days silent,  Perdan, 0 troops
Thade Leonidas, 125 days silent,  Castle Ubent, 0 troops

That is why they were banished, not because they were "inactive for five days".  The new General was tired of seeing them soak up tax gold without contributing to the realm in any way.

Can't say I blame him.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 05, 2013, 07:42:09 PM »
Good Judge Elisadeath,

My patience as at an end.

Move quickly forth to ban the following knights who fail to answer their betters.  A warrior of Perdan must communicate -- we shall except no less.

Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen 194 days silent, Partora,  0 troops

Noble banned!   (1 day, 5 hours ago)
message to all nobles of Perdan
Elisadeath Cancelot, Judge of Perdan, Dame of Perdan Mines has declared Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen, Knight of Perdan Mines an enemy of the realm and will issue a ban on him shortly. She has given the following reason:
You Sir received clear orders from your superiors in order to serve the realm that offers you a home and an income and answered back only with silence. Such nobles are not needed in the realm of Perdan.Seek a fruitful future with nothing in return from yo
[protest options]

Investigating Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen, Noble, you find out these interesting facts:

He has about 435 gold coins and 0 bonds.

The guy never recruited a single troop, he was also investigated, he never answered, he was stacking gold and doing nothing.

Of course and you never ban someone for inactivity because people have a life but he never answered, explained or moved a single figer in the realm. That's a lot of inactivity without a single explanation.

Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 05, 2013, 07:45:11 PM »
Tom,

a player that logs in 100 days and thus not going inactive by the game mechanics and never answers a single message ,has time to cash bonds (apparently that's what the report of the investigation shows) but has no time to write a single message informing he can't be active....is a right? because if it is then i am guilty as charged. (I am the one who banned him)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 05, 2013, 07:53:09 PM »
To explain, I was General before Saul. I had also asked for bans on them, but we waited many time sude to inactivity poissibility.

However, all three of them have had gold cashed on them, I used the Secret Police on two of them once I got King.

Thus, they had also read my orders over the last 100 days and should have recruited when they were told to numerous times.

The ban is fully justified, because the action that broke the law was long before the inactivity conducted. In all three cases.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 05, 2013, 07:55:42 PM »
To explain, I was General before Saul. I had also asked for bans on them, but we waited many time sude to inactivity poissibility.

However, all three of them have had gold cashed on them, I used the Secret Police on two of them once I got King.

Thus, they had also read my orders over the last 100 days and should have recruited when they were told to numerous times.

The ban is fully justified, because the action that broke the law was long before the inactivity conducted. In all three cases.

Was any attempt made to contact the characters directly to determine why they were not following orders?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 05, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »
How exactly did you determine that they hadn't said anything for 194 days? That's going through a lot of effort to pin a "they don't contribute" label on someone.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: February 05, 2013, 08:16:31 PM »
So what you're saying is that you banned them for being active - just not in the way that you wanted them to be?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 05, 2013, 08:18:16 PM »
How exactly did you determine that they hadn't said anything for 194 days? That's going through a lot of effort to pin a "they don't contribute" label on someone.

I too am curious about this.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 05, 2013, 08:19:51 PM »
I think my ban message explains why i banned them.I banned them because they offered nothing to the realm, they followed no order, they answered to no personal message they were sent for weeks (not just days) and they did nothing productive in the realm other than sucking gold.

What is the reason of someone be in a realm and do nothing? The game it self autopsauses the char for inactivity and gives you the option to do it yourself as well if you don't have the time to play it.

When someone stays in the realm for 3 months and answers to no order but keeps sitting in one region doing nothing what kind of service does he provide to it?

It is not a sarcastic question or a philosophical, i am actually asking ...

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #13: February 05, 2013, 08:21:04 PM »
I too am curious about this.

When you are in a realm for so many days and you are already assigned to an army, you don't follow any orders and you just sit hoarding gold why should you not get banned? Even if they said something to someone it doesn't matter since they never replied to their Marshal, their General or whoever got a position in Perdan.  Do you want this kind of nobles in your realm?

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 05, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »
While I am not inclined to disagree with the actions taken, in the circumstances given, I must wonder why they still had Estates? Could they not have just been kicked out of them? Then they would sit around doing nothing, harming nothing and benefiting nothing.