Author Topic: Banned for being inactive for 5 Days  (Read 27028 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Banned for being inactive for 5 Days
« Reply #60: February 09, 2013, 07:50:19 AM »
That's basically an accusation of multi-cheating. Magistrates are not equipped to handle the needed investigation. I suggest you gather up family names and use the old titan reporting system, or send an email to Tom.
I disagree, that was a statement of strange behavior that seems like it might need some looking into.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: February 09, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
It probably does. So report it to the Titans, who have the tools to deal with it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: February 09, 2013, 10:24:40 AM »
Egamma, I would never publicly accuse someone of multi-cheating unless I had rock-solid proof (such as a message that was clearly meant to come from another character than the one it was sent by, for example). I will take it to the Titans as you suggest though.
However, as an aside, in the argument earlier it was brought up what harm these characters could possibly do, sitting as they were in the capital doing nothing of note. Well, they can vote in elections.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: February 09, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »
What steelabjur posted was absolutely not an accusation of multicheating. Egamma, it was you who drew that conclusion. He was simply describing behaviour that he saw, and stating that he found it strange.

That much is always OK to do.

However, it is also true that when you see behaviour that raises that many red flags, it's time to call the Titans.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #64: February 09, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
Okay, accusation's not really the right word. However, I don't think I'm alone in reaching that conclusion.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: February 09, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »
Okay, accusation's not really the right word. However, I don't think I'm alone in reaching that conclusion.
Evidence implying something needs to looked into is not the same thing as an  accusation and I was thinking clanning myself actually when I read it. (Not an accusation just a statement of my thoughts)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: February 09, 2013, 07:04:03 PM »
However, as an aside, in the argument earlier it was brought up what harm these characters could possibly do, sitting as they were in the capital doing nothing of note. Well, they can vote in elections.

These guys are clearly not inactive.

In fact, they seem to be taking over your realm!

That is certainly reason enough to act.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: February 09, 2013, 11:09:46 PM »
Not a question, but a statement:

We had the same problem with one of those players (who just auto-paused before I got the chance to become Judge) in Outer Tilog, along with a number of others who I did ban for this very reason. I think there is more going on behind the scenes with these guys than simply sitting on gold. In OT we have elections for positions and, almost without fail, when one of them ran they won by a heavy margin without actively campaigning and those who became lords they flocked to and took estates in their regions. In another case one was banned for months, sat as a rogue, and the same day their elected Judge lifted the ban he rejoined the realm. It might be a very good idea to check out these guys and make sure there isn't something more going on than simply sitting around doing nothing.

If it is the same players as the ones who were dealt with in this case, they are the same group that plays in Aurvandil and they have been accused of clanning in the past, to the point that Tom actually force deported some of their characters from Fontan and Aurvandil. What you are describing is basically their normal modus operandi. Good luck my friend. I've not enjoyed any of my dealings with them, in or out of character.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #68: February 09, 2013, 11:20:16 PM »
I was wondering why those names were familiar! 

I too wish you and your realm the best of luck if it is them.  They are the example as to why clans can be very harmful to the game.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: February 10, 2013, 01:23:30 AM »
I was wondering why those names were familiar! 

I too wish you and your realm the best of luck if it is them.  They are the example as to why clans can be very harmful to the game.

The one who brought this case is the same player who deleted his character to get around the deportation and caused several of the cases related to that incident here, IIRC. I thought I recognized some connection between those involved in my situation and the places and some of the family names involved in the latter case, which makes me glad that I mentioned it.

As for me and my realm, their Judge failed to run this election, which allowed me to take his spot on the council and level several bans against the group with the idea of cutting the problem out of the realm as much as I can (still can't get rid of their Duke, as he controls our capital, but I've got all the other ones involved). they have been oddly quiet while this has been going on (last time one of them got banned they tried to mass protest the Judge).

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: February 11, 2013, 02:54:08 AM »
The one who brought this case is the same player who deleted his character to get around the deportation and caused several of the cases related to that incident here, IIRC. I thought I recognized some connection between those involved in my situation and the places and some of the family names involved in the latter case, which makes me glad that I mentioned it.

As for me and my realm, their Judge failed to run this election, which allowed me to take his spot on the council and level several bans against the group with the idea of cutting the problem out of the realm as much as I can (still can't get rid of their Duke, as he controls our capital, but I've got all the other ones involved). they have been oddly quiet while this has been going on (last time one of them got banned they tried to mass protest the Judge).

Using OOC beliefs to influence IC Bans? AND admitting to it in the magistrates? Seems to me your using OOC knowledge to exclude a group of players from playing with you. Which is distinctly against the rules.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #71: February 11, 2013, 02:56:55 AM »
Sounds like one faction of nobles attempting to oust an opposing faction.  Nothing ooc about that.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: February 11, 2013, 03:02:06 AM »
Absolutely.

There is nothing OOC about seeing a group of nobles attempting to silently take over the realm, and trying to stop them from doing so.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: February 11, 2013, 03:02:50 AM »
Sounds like one faction of nobles attempting to oust an opposing faction.  Nothing ooc about that.

Sounds like another saxon witch hunt to me.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: February 11, 2013, 03:03:41 AM »
Sounds like another saxon witch hunt to me.

If that behaviour is a signature of the Saxons, that's more proof than anything that they're a clan that's bad for the game.

See above, re: "silently taking over the realm".
Timothy Collett