Author Topic: Banned for being inactive for 5 Days  (Read 27054 times)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Banned for being inactive for 5 Days
« Reply #75: February 11, 2013, 03:10:17 AM »
Not to mention that if they were actually playing with us I'd have had nothing IC to ban them for, and wouldn't want to OOC. I don't mind IC conflict and backroom dealings, but you have to occasionally come out onto the balcony and wave a tentacle at the people. Their style of playing is unfriendly in the extreme.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: February 11, 2013, 06:57:11 AM »
Sounds like another saxon witch hunt to me.

It would only be a witch hunt if they were banned solely for being who they are on OOC grounds. Sounds like that's not the case here.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #77: February 11, 2013, 07:32:52 AM »
If that behaviour is a signature of the Saxons, that's more proof than anything that they're a clan that's bad for the game.

See above, re: "silently taking over the realm".
It most certainly is.  Along with a 100% movement rate when it is something they want and a 0% when it is not.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: February 11, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »
Sounds like another saxon witch hunt to me.
Sounds like someone can't understand that if there is something suggesting exclusive clanning it should be investigated before it becomes a huge problem.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: February 11, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »
We are way off topic on this thread. Since this is a Magistrates case thread, not an open discussion thread, I'm locking it. One the Magistrates should do whatever it is you do to these threads.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: February 11, 2013, 08:44:13 PM »
A verdict has been reached, and no IG enforcement actions were necessary. For anyone who desires to cite this case in the future, the final verdict was:

"The Magistrates find Evi Dimi not guilty of violating the Inalienable Rights. From all appearances, the bans were intended to punish characters for their decisions: namely, their decision to remain in a realm for hundreds of days and repeatedly ignore or disobey orders. While few days of inactivity never merits a ban, prolonged months of insufficient responses to reasonable queries, disobedience of orders, and general uselessness to a realm is certainly sufficient grounds for an entirely IC, non-IR-violating ban. A player's right to inactivity is protected, and its negative effects are controlled for by auto-pausing. But a character's right to blasé disregard for orders is not protected.

Magistrates voted 6-0 in favor of the not guilty verdict."

This thread is now closed.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner