Author Topic: The Return of House Kindon-Bedwyr  (Read 23944 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of House Kindon-Bedwyr
« Reply #30: February 10, 2013, 12:23:29 AM »
As an interesting (to me) contrast to Galiard, who is probably twice Jenred's age and has certainly collected his share of enemies over the years: there has never been a high bounty on him (the current one of 50 or 100 has been there for quite some time) and nobody has ever actually successfully stabbed him, and only two or three have ever tried.

As far as I know, Galiard has never been as polarizing as Jenred.  Enemies he had in plenty, but not the same level of vitriolic, frothing-at-the-mouth hatred.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: February 10, 2013, 03:52:16 AM »
As far as I know, Galiard has never been as polarizing as Jenred.  Enemies he had in plenty, but not the same level of vitriolic, frothing-at-the-mouth hatred.

He did back in Lasanar, and then again when he returned to Cathay prior to his self-imposed exile - but those enemies, while vitriolic, were also apathetic, and placing bounties and stabbing people takes effort.

He was also Conan's chief rival for a while but that was right around when I left BM, and others took up that mantle.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: February 10, 2013, 04:15:29 AM »
I've always been vaguely disappointed that Velax never got a bounty put on him. He's made plenty of enemies. Guess he'll have to find some that aren't lazy.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: February 10, 2013, 04:32:57 AM »
Of course...One little secret I forgot to mention...Jenred went from having no bounty to a 500 gold bounty within a week after Jenred wistfully commented about the omission of his name from the bounty board, and the rest was added shortly thereafter.  For all I know, it was one of the Arcaean Dukes who added the bounty.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: February 10, 2013, 06:55:36 AM »
Most people don't like wasting away gold into bounty pots.   ::)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: February 12, 2013, 01:10:14 AM »
I'm amused at the interest in a female character of mine.  I have to admit I hadn't really anticipated that immediate response, aside from possibly a few looking to marry into influence of a sort.

Too few female characters in BM.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: February 12, 2013, 02:27:46 AM »
Arella's current bounty I'm still convinced was placed there by one of Aenilia's multiple failed rulers around the time that she first returned. Other than that, I don't think she's ever been on the board and certainly hasn't ever been assaulted. Which has always struck me as odd, since she's always been a polarizing figure (even when she's staunchly neutral) - in two different FEI eras now.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: February 12, 2013, 02:48:23 AM »
So while were on the topic, is there a relation between Remi and Remton? And more related to the OP, who is Jenred's wife? I know a Kindon obviously, but I am new to FEI so I don't actually know any Kindons.

I was part of the creation of FEI, and I have always had a weird ambition to have a character named Remi on very continent, but I can't recall the origins of the city name. You'd have to ask AJ.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: February 12, 2013, 02:58:44 AM »
I was part of the creation of FEI, and I have always had a weird ambition to have a character named Remi on very continent, but I can't recall the origins of the city name. You'd have to ask AJ.
Ha, that was kinda the opposite of the spectrum that I was thinking but more interesting anyways. Does AJ still play BM or go on the forums?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: February 12, 2013, 04:07:06 PM »
Pretty sure AJ had a character named Remi, actually. He was still playing when I quit. I came back and he was gone. He's shown up twice since I returned, unpaused characters and had them autopause again.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: February 12, 2013, 07:10:23 PM »
Arella's current bounty I'm still convinced was placed there by one of Aenilia's multiple failed rulers around the time that she first returned. Other than that, I don't think she's ever been on the board and certainly hasn't ever been assaulted. Which has always struck me as odd, since she's always been a polarizing figure (even when she's staunchly neutral) - in two different FEI eras now.

Horus was actually partly responsible. He coveted the ruler's seat, and didn't like the instant influence Arella had.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: February 13, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
Horus was actually partly responsible. He coveted the ruler's seat, and didn't like the instant influence Arella had.

Ha! I forgot he ran against Arella when she finally had the prestige to run. That makes sense.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: February 13, 2013, 08:18:24 PM »
Of course...One little secret I forgot to mention...Jenred went from having no bounty to a 500 gold bounty within a week after Jenred wistfully commented about the omission of his name from the bounty board, and the rest was added shortly thereafter.  For all I know, it was one of the Arcaean Dukes who added the bounty.

For all we know, it was Jenred himself. Any publicity is good publicity!
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: February 14, 2013, 01:15:48 AM »
For all we know, it was Jenred himself. Any publicity is good publicity!

Heh.  Have you noticed how poor House Bedwyr is?  That's because Jenred (and pretty much everyone else) had too many things they wanted to spend money on all the time.  I don't think I've ever burned money on a bounty.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: February 14, 2013, 05:18:35 AM »
Damn, I don't think I have seen a name longer than your newest character.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton