Author Topic: Battles/Skirmishes?  (Read 3554 times)

shenanigan

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Battles/Skirmishes?
« Topic Start: February 10, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »
Hi there! As you can tell, utter newbie cluttering up the... newbie board. I walked smack dab into a Realm conflict right as I joined up. The game is "Battlemaster", so I figure that's expected. Men have been recruited, my character has sallied forth, yadda yadda. How exactly do you... enter combat? Any advice in general? Should I train my men up first? Anything would be helpful!

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Battles/Skirmishes?
« Reply #1: February 10, 2013, 10:28:34 PM »
It usually happens automatically when two enemy armies are in the same region at turn change. There are ways to change that, if you go to "Orders->Unit Settings->Encounter settings", you can change how your men engage other troops. The wiki goes into more detail: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Battle

As far as advice, it depends on the situation but generally train depending on how much gold you have (or can get people to give you) and try to stick with your realm-mates. Ask some of your realm-mates about how they have things set up and what all is going on.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 10, 2013, 10:35:13 PM »
Hi there! As you can tell, utter newbie cluttering up the... newbie board. I walked smack dab into a Realm conflict right as I joined up. The game is "Battlemaster", so I figure that's expected. Men have been recruited, my character has sallied forth, yadda yadda. How exactly do you... enter combat? Any advice in general? Should I train my men up first? Anything would be helpful!
If you are actually fighting an enemy realm, you should be getting settings from your marshal or general (I hope your not trying to attack an enemy realm's army alone as that is a suicide attack though when I say suicide I merely mean you will lose your entire unit and maybe get wounded-not that you will actually die from it.) So if you could give some more specifics of your situation like what realm/continent your in, if your in an army, and your unit type, we could probably help you out a bit more.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

shenanigan

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 10, 2013, 11:08:59 PM »
Well, I'm in the Colonies in Lukon. I don't believe I'm in enemy lands, but there is currently a battle taking place in Rola Sierrie. I've been ordered to join the main bulk of the force after recruiting men, which I did. I'm just at a loss as to what happens from there. Am I going to blunder straight into an enemy attack?

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 11, 2013, 12:11:37 AM »
You probably are heading towards an enemy attack (or joining your realm to attack them). Battles only occur after turn change (12am and pm Eastern Standard Time), so if you and your comrades are in Rola Sierrie and your enemy is there too...you'll see a battle report in 6 or 7 hours.

From there, either your realm or their realm is going to start retreating to get away from being wiped out. From there, the game gets interesting.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

shenanigan

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 11, 2013, 03:45:57 AM »
Ohh. So after the turn change, the battle will automatically commence. Say you're the first to arrive, want to wait for the others, that's when you make use of camping or evasive mode?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 11, 2013, 04:30:33 AM »
Movement happens on the turn change only. Everyone who is to arrive at that turn arrives at the same time. Everyone who is stationary in that region takes part in the battle. If you arrive a turn early, before the rest of your realm, and face the entire enemy army on your own, you're screwed. If you think you will arrive a turn early, do everything you can to prevent it, such as using all your hours camping/scouting, click the "Delay arrival" link and hope it works, turn around if you have to, etc.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #7: February 12, 2013, 04:39:11 AM »
So you'll probably be heading towards Vir El Mari Heights (VEMH), and then on towards Alebad...where I'll see you in battle!

Be sure to march with your army--there are a lot of old characters in Lukon who won't move near as fast as your character, so you may need to use the 'delay arrival' link on your travel so that you don't arrive early. Your marshal, or General Ares, should tell you when to arrive.