Author Topic: New realm in the middle of Tara and CE  (Read 7232 times)

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
New realm in the middle of Tara and CE
« Topic Start: February 14, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »
I'm musing in my mind a possibility of a new realm created around duchies of Foda, Skalk and Nida. Once the war with Darka and BoM is over (if it's over), the new politics of the north will be more intriguing compared to the three behemoth federation that Eston, Darka and Barony is. Why not to add some flavour to the centre of Atamara map by creating a new realm with its own politics? CE/Tara bloc is too comfortable, as they can play politics "back-to-back", without a fear of being stabbed. Adding a new state entity would surely add more flavour to the centre/south of Atamara. Also, adding a physical separation between CE and Tara would perhaps allow more interesting relations between long allies than forever federated allies.

What do Cagilans and Tarans think about this OOC?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:06:41 PM by Radigand »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: New realm in the middle of Tara and CE
« Reply #1: February 14, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »
Now, I'm not in Tara or CE, but here are my thoughts:

OOC Level: Stuff like this in general shouldn't be planned on an OOC level. Especially when so far the continent isn't stagnated or anything. This can all be handled IC.

IC Level: This will never happen IC. Who would make it? The dukes? Why should they inherently make themselves weaker without any assurances to a strong ally? They'd have to have external assurances, or they risk too much.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 14, 2013, 11:20:40 PM »
First, I agree with Silverfire on the OOC/IC planning in stuff.

That said, I don't think this would add the dynamism that you hope it would. This new realm would ultimately just end up at the mercy of CE/Tara and would just end up another member of the hegemonic Bloc because they would be the most vulnerable of all nations.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 14, 2013, 11:44:03 PM »
First, I agree with Silverfire on the OOC/IC planning in stuff.

That said, I don't think this would add the dynamism that you hope it would. This new realm would ultimately just end up at the mercy of CE/Tara and would just end up another member of the hegemonic Bloc because they would be the most vulnerable of all nations.

+1

It would improve the CE/Tara tax efficiency too. Maybe harder to coordinate, but the Cagilan bloc seems good and putting loyal followers and good coordinators in their offshoots.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 14, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »
I'm musing in my mind a possibility of a new realm created around duchies of Foda, Skalk and Nida. Once the war with Darka and BoM is over (if it's over), the new politics of the north will be more intriguing compared to the three behemoth federation that Eston, Darka and Barony is. Why not to add some flavour to the centre of Atamara map by creating a new realm with its own politics? CE/Tara bloc is too comfortable, as they can play politics "back-to-back", without a fear of being stabbed. Adding a new state entity would surely add more flavour to the centre/south of Atamara. Also, adding a physical separation between CE and Tara would perhaps allow more interesting relations between long allies than forever federated allies.

What do Cagilans and Tarans think about this OOC?

If we're speculating about things that will never happen, why not go further and split CE down the middle, break Tara into three pieces and split Suville in two? That sounds like way more fun. Then we can make them all fight.

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 15, 2013, 12:17:07 AM »
If we're speculating about things that will never happen, why not go further and split CE down the middle, break Tara into three pieces and split Suville in two? That sounds like way more fun. Then we can make them all fight.

Strombrab happened, Rieleston happened, ML happened, Lyoness happened, the list goes on

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #6: February 15, 2013, 12:26:25 AM »
"Oh noes, they started talking about it ooc, therefore the entirety of their planning must be ooc."

God, hearing that excuse is tiring.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 15, 2013, 12:33:33 AM »
Radigand: you just named off a whole bunch of realms that the Empire forced to happen, or supported to happen *out of their enemies land*.

While I applaud your thinking, if you want to do it and actually accomplish something useful, the time was about a year ago. Although, doing it even now might still do something. If you wait til the war is over, all you're doing is putting on the red shirt.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 15, 2013, 06:27:04 AM »
Strombrab happened, Rieleston happened, ML happened, Lyoness happened, the list goes on
CE colony in Carelia's lands, secession from Eston because they all was were a bunch of butts supporting old ways only, civil war between MI and ML resulting in MI's lands becoming a part of the CE co, and forced colony by CE. Those are all things caused in some way by CE, that benefits CE not hurts.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 15, 2013, 08:36:22 AM »

Are you implying that your idea has a realistic chance of happening in the near future? Nothing's impossible. That said, most things are unlikely.

Look, speculate if you want to, that's partially what the forum is for after all. As long as we are though, why not think bigger? I'd love to see most of Atamara busted up into tiny pieces, not just part of Tara. I deeply despise this island's entrenched, antediluvian politics. The whole damn thing should be sunk.

There is no other island that could use an Invasion more. I would love to see Tom introduce the summoning scrolls that he implemented on BT here. I bet they'd be used on Atamara before they're used on BT. It's the perfect time for them. There's at least two realms desperate enough to use them right now, and several more who are probably ruthless enough to.

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 16, 2013, 11:49:55 PM »
We don't need any new realms between Ce and Tara. We could use one more in the North though..
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 17, 2013, 03:42:51 AM »
+1

Or two, or three...
------
qui audet vincit

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 17, 2013, 03:57:30 AM »
We don't need any new realms between Ce and Tara. We could use one more in the North though..

Save the endangered species, fund Ithilian defense!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 17, 2013, 07:04:59 AM »

We need new realms everywhere.

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 22, 2013, 07:45:12 AM »
Ah, now we need to get rid off Coria, anyone interested to buy it for very low price ?
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .