Author Topic: Feature Request: Revise Bounty Board Fulfillment Requirements  (Read 8690 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Would you mind expanding upon what actually happened? Was it simply the occurrence of an assassination attempt that caused the positive conflict? Or was it some feature related to the function of the assassination that helped the RP? There is a distinct difference there.

There was an assassination of the High King of Cathay while two known Soliferan infiltrators where in the region, right as Arcaea was heavily lobbying Cathay to switch sides or at least go more neutral, while Soliferum was on the brink of convincing Cathay to join the active fighting against Arcaea.  There was one Arcaean noble, who nobody had ever heard of, who had been previously announced as a forward scout to keep an eye on the Soliferan troop movements.  The attack first kept the Ruler of Cathay from signing an alliance and declaring war (might not have happened then, but I have reason to believe it was possible), and second convinced Cathay that Soliferum was ready to trample all over their rights to get what they wanted.  No one believed that with two well-known and skilled Soliferan infiltrators in the region that the nobody Arcaean could have done it, and none of Cathay's infils were around.

So, mechanically, the main thing was an attack that was not identified at a time when the most plausible attacker was from a hostile realm.  I will also note that no one, ever (not even Jenred) learned IC that this was not done by a Soliferan.  Even the Soliferan infils thought it could have been the other one.  I only learned years later OOC.  I'd always wondered why the hell Soliferum would take the risk.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"