Author Topic: Feature Request: Revise Bounty Board Fulfillment Requirements  (Read 8684 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
There was an assassination of the High King of Cathay while two known Soliferan infiltrators where in the region, right as Arcaea was heavily lobbying Cathay to switch sides or at least go more neutral, while Soliferum was on the brink of convincing Cathay to join the active fighting against Arcaea.  There was one Arcaean noble, who nobody had ever heard of, who had been previously announced as a forward scout to keep an eye on the Soliferan troop movements.  The attack first kept the Ruler of Cathay from signing an alliance and declaring war (might not have happened then, but I have reason to believe it was possible), and second convinced Cathay that Soliferum was ready to trample all over their rights to get what they wanted.  No one believed that with two well-known and skilled Soliferan infiltrators in the region that the nobody Arcaean could have done it, and none of Cathay's infils were around.

So, mechanically, the main thing was an attack that was not identified at a time when the most plausible attacker was from a hostile realm.  I will also note that no one, ever (not even Jenred) learned IC that this was not done by a Soliferan.  Even the Soliferan infils thought it could have been the other one.  I only learned years later OOC.  I'd always wondered why the hell Soliferum would take the risk.

Bedwyr, the thing is that this attack was based entirely upon RP and the fun situation occurred not necessarily because of the ability for an attack to remove posts at all. It also has nothing to do with the bounty board, so its not really relevant to this proposal.

@Silverfire: well, have your ruler turn the capital city into a one-region duchy. Or, since you will be ruler soon, do it yourself. Then have his city starved and ambassador'ed into oblivion. And keep having him stabbed. It can work. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it can't happen. I know of two dukes who have lost duchies due to extended wounds in the past 4 or so months.

You're right, because having to give someone more power in order to remove power is clearly a balanced way for game mechanics to work. That sort of manipulation reeks of game mechanics abuse to me. That however is a topic primarily for my other thread. None of these situations give any credence into why the bounty board should not be made more meaningful. (or removed completely)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."