Author Topic: I figured out what is wrong with Trade...and how to fix it  (Read 45776 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Yeah, I pulled that number out of my bowels...but after checking it seems like about 200 miles would be a good upper limit. That is the longest trek I've seen from my characters region to region(Dwilight-170 miles Nyusshi to Desert of Silhouettes). This still gives newbie traders over twice the range and gives the experienced traders a real edge on the market.
200 miles, if only the devs could change it to that...O, wait they already did. A non-trader lord only has 200 miles for trading when in their region.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I really need to pay more attention to what I'm thinking.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
That 200 miles only applies when there is no marketplace. If a non-trader lord is at a marketplace, they get a 400 mile range.

A trader gets an extra 100 miles, plus a skill-based bonus.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Wish I could be a priest/trader/ambassador. :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
You also have to remember that if we dropped Lord trading range to 200 miles, many realms would suddenly need traders.

That don't have traders.

And don't have anyone particularly interested in becoming traders.

So they start having regions starve. Just so that we can make traders viable.

This isn't the way. We need something more carrot than stick.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan