Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 109963 times)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
Indirik, if that's the case... R.i.p Eston
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Hidden armies. When will you ever stop this silly propaganda? Yeah we had "hidden ex Estonites" and newcomers in our backpack... for the love of the banana do you ever read the battle reports?cause apparently you don't. In fact i highly doubt BoM brought forth in the last fights more than she brought before.Darka had no hidden armies, you may repeat it as many times as you please...but we simply hadn't.In fact we lost tons of players in this stupid war.

Darka spreads propaganda against CE all the time. It's not so great to be on the receiving end, is it?

Before Eston's surrender, Darka was fielding ~30k CS, and Eston was fielding ~20k CS at most.

After Eston's surrender, I've seen Darka field as much as 50k CS.

Unless every single Estonite knight joined Darka while I wasn't looking, Darka was withholding reserves from Eston.

And don't tell me the difference in CS was from new nobles. They can't recruit that many men.
------
qui audet vincit

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Darka spreads propaganda against CE all the time. It's not so great to be on the receiving end, is it?

Before Eston's surrender, Darka was fielding ~30k CS, and Eston was fielding ~20k CS at most.

Unless every single Estonite knight joined Darka while I wasn't looking, Darka was withholding reserves from Eston.

And don't tell me the difference in CS was from new nobles. They can't recruit that many men.

That depends, are they newly created, or did they emigrate? Also, I will point out that my brand new, wet-behind-the-ears Cagilan noble with all of 20 honor and 4 prestige is, as of this very moment, fielding 45 archers with 527 CS, and that's not even as many men as he can field at his maximum (the military advisor says he could recruit up to 50). If they're not trying to field Cavalry or SF, new nobles can recruit a plenty big unit, provided they are well funded enough to do it. And Darka's got more than enough funds. As far as character numbers go, you can plainly see a recent spike in Darka's numbers. They went from 74 five weeks ago to a high of 88 about two weeks ago. As of the most recent statistics available, they still have 86.

I sincerely doubt Darka ever kept anything back on purpose; it's simply human nature to lose interest in a war when you're routinely marching 5 days to even get to the front, as Darka was when they were fighting in Hammarsett. My bet is that some players were simply apathetic and didn't bother to put in much effort to march with the army or recruit up to their maximum due to the tedium of the experience for much of the war. Perth is right; the situation now that Eston is defeated is much more urgent and close to home, and Darkan players are responding by being more engaged. And then there is the increased emigration/character creation for the reasons others have specified, and those characters are surely engaged or they wouldn't have come in the first place.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
The only thing Darka held back was our home army. You know, the courtiers and such that keep our regions running and free of monsters. That army is on the front lines now and it brings an extra 10k CS or so since they've pretty much maxed out on recruiting.

If you call that holding back from your allies then every realm in guilty of it.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

LoL really now? First you say it's not so great to receive propaganda then trying to support the hidden army nonsense...makes sense sure.
Around 5 or 6 Estonites join and i m not even counting the Agnilar Lord in those. Also we had many newcomers as players of Darka tried to recruit through the game. Also new characters depending on what choices on the age you ll make can receive a unit of 40 men...My char Miseriocrdia died on a duel, the next day i created a new one and she could carry that ammount in infantry men.

Also when you gathered 3 realms in Nazamroth we called the Homeland forces, when you have a realm with many regions such army is handy and Darka has it.

So maybe i choose the wrong word, it's not even propaganda, just crap statements and deserve no further attenton i guess.

People learn to read the realm statistics and generally read the battle reports. Or else from Gold Pandas you will mostly look Sad Pandas when making such statements
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
I know for a FACT that the Eston General and I were told by the Darkan General probably two months before Eston's surrender that they would only be able to committ 10k CS to our defense from that point on. I'm not sure what they ended up actually using, but that is what we were told.

Also, I'm not making accusations. But Darka and BoM are proving pretty successful (sans the most recent battle in Nazamroth) in the Nazamroth/Anost corridor since Eston's fall. Where was that kind of committment when Eston was still in it and fielding numbers? It seems if you were to take Darka/BoM's current actions PLUS Eston, some success could be had.

It really just comes down to, like I said, Darka not caring quite as much until Eston fell. Which is natural, I'm not saying that it isn't. You're more motivated to fight wars when its your neck on your line.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I for one explicitly just joined Darka because it is a fight to the death and with those gold reserves and military discipline, that's guaranteed epicness. And I haven't been disappointed so far. :)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I know for a FACT that the Eston General and I were told by the Darkan General probably two months before Eston's surrender that they would only be able to committ 10k CS to our defense from that point on. I'm not sure what they ended up actually using, but that is what we were told.

Also, I'm not making accusations. But Darka and BoM are proving pretty successful (sans the most recent battle in Nazamroth) in the Nazamroth/Anost corridor since Eston's fall. Where was that kind of committment when Eston was still in it and fielding numbers? It seems if you were to take Darka/BoM's current actions PLUS Eston, some success could be had.

It really just comes down to, like I said, Darka not caring quite as much until Eston fell. Which is natural, I'm not saying that it isn't. You're more motivated to fight wars when its your neck on your line.

Ok this is  funny. How could we ever succeed on anything when Darka while i was General was bringing up to 30 k CS army to fight and we had to split it in two sending only half down to BoM and the rest up to Eston to defend Nazamroth? Ever thought of that?

We are fighting at our borders for the e to love of God , we don't have to move 10 regions to actually fight and we don't have to split forces anymore. Think before "accusing"  .Eston always found ways to blame others for their issues.

Nothing changed.We still don't attack Talerium and we are no longer sending forces for stupid attacks down to Tara (yes that was absolutely stupid back then). It is only normal that our results are better. We are actually moving two or three regions max far from a city of ours, fully repaired, units paid and the fight comes to us, we no longer have to actually travel to find battles. Plus we have more nobles and they keep joining because since we are the target now we are also the fun part of Atamara.

You just don't take in consideration the whole picture here. Everytime we were marching, we had requests to send 10 to 15k to aid Eston, of course and it's not the same as now. Ever thought of that?

I don't know what you are trying to prove by saying Darka was reserving forces....Do you think we wanted Eston to surrender in the full term of surrendering? Anyone who would do that would be an idiot because it would be obvious as it is now that the last target would actually be Darka.

Darka is strong in defending and Darka is also strong when fighting near it's borders.It is rather simple.

If Darka hadn't the Cantril restricition in this war the North would be a winner, i would bet my hand on it.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile

Ok this is  funny. How could we ever succeed on anything when Darka while i was General was bringing up to 30 k CS army to fight and we had to split it in two sending only half down to BoM and the rest up to Eston to defend Nazamroth? Ever thought of that?

We are fighting at our borders for the e to love of God , we don't have to move 10 regions to actually fight and we don't have to split forces anymore. Think before "accusing"  .Eston always found ways to blame others for their issues.

Nothing changed.We still don't attack Talerium and we are no longer sending forces for stupid attacks down to Tara (yes that was absolutely stupid back then). It is only normal that our results are better. We are actually moving two or three regions max far from a city of ours, fully repaired, units paid and the fight comes to us, we no longer have to actually travel to find battles. Plus we have more nobles and they keep joining because since we are the target now we are also the fun part of Atamara.

You just don't take in consideration the whole picture here. Everytime we were marching, we had requests to send 10 to 15k to aid Eston, of course and it's not the same as now. Ever thought of that?

I don't know what you are trying to prove by saying Darka was reserving forces....Do you think we wanted Eston to surrender in the full term of surrendering? Anyone who would do that would be an idiot because it would be obvious as it is now that the last target would actually be Darka.

Darka is strong in defending and Darka is also strong when fighting near it's borders.It is rather simple.

If Darka hadn't the Cantril restricition in this war the North would be a winner, i would bet my hand on it.

I think I explicitly said I wasn't accusing anyone of anything, just pointing out changes and interesting facts.

And I absolutely agree about the Cantril restriction. Kerwin bet the whole war on getting KK to let up on it.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile

I think I explicitly said I wasn't accusing anyone of anything, just pointing out changes and interesting facts.

And I absolutely agree about the Cantril restriction. Kerwin bet the whole war on getting KK to let up on it.

I strongly disagree about Cantril. However there were 2 major points why The Northern Horde did fail.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:43:32 AM by Zadar »
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I strongly disagree about Cantril. However there were 2 major points why The Northern Horde did fail.

And i strongly disagree with you disagreeing :P

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
I'm not yet calling it total fail... it aint over yet :)

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Minas Leon didn't keep York for long. :)

Have fun taking control of that starving city with 1% sympathy to your realm!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron