Author Topic: Phoenix Empire  (Read 17210 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Phoenix Empire
« Topic Start: February 19, 2013, 08:15:46 AM »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix Empire
« Reply #1: February 19, 2013, 11:53:09 AM »
Thumbs up!

-KK :)
~Violence is always an option!~

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 19, 2013, 11:55:44 AM »
From an outsider perspective, I have to say that this looks like the best possible response to the angst about prolonged peace expressed in the "The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)". Congrats!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Astinus

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 19, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »
Main issue is that as it's put in the op, there are pretty much no reasons to any realm to join it: in order to protect every realm sovereignity Coria seems to be asking them to first renounce it by subsideing to the Corian rule

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 19, 2013, 01:23:23 PM »
Main issue is that as it's put in the op, there are pretty much no reasons to any realm to join it: in order to protect every realm sovereignity Coria seems to be asking them to first renounce it by subsideing to the Corian rule

Which is not different from "The" other Empire...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 19, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »
You misspelled "Princess".  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 19, 2013, 03:33:54 PM »
I appriciate any Duke/Duchess who does something other than trying to sit on the income forever and ever (then again I think there should be a fame point for every hostile seccession), but I have to say I can not see this happening. Way too fast a movement without apparently even securing the change to monarchy first, and when the monarch is asking the Queen of Carelia to speak on his behalf to Strombran and Suville to join in alliance, well..

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 19, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
Yeah I think nothing will come of this.

It's hard to understand what the benefit of it is.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 19, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »
I can think many good things coming from this :D
~Violence is always an option!~

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 19, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
Yeah I think nothing will come of this.

It's hard to understand what the benefit of it is.

Depends who you ask. If Darka joins it, will Coria suddenly side against CE/Tara? Immense benefit for Darka right there. The remnants of Eston? If they join they could probably wipe their asses with the treaty CE forced on them.

Caergoth and Suville join? Change sides in the war as a result? Heck, just might make things interesting again. With the charter it's a heck of a lot better than what CE seems to be offering everyone.
Join us on IRC #[email protected]
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 19, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »
I think what a lot of people fail to grasp is the ability to unite a diverse group of realms that this empire brings to the table. They need not always be friends and allies, but they can unite behind a common cause. After uniting behind a single cause they can unite behind other issues.

I am confident that the Phoenix Empire will be a success as long as Coria remains with full strength behind it. The question is, whether Merlin has the capability to pull together his realm behind his dramatic and fast changes to realm policies. If he can do that, then he'll be able to easily operate as Princeps of the Phoenix Empire.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 19, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
I think your success will depend on who else you can bring to the table, and how effectively you can defend the members.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 19, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »
I think your success will depend on who else you can bring to the table, and how effectively you can defend the members.

Which, considering lots of people still hate the Empire and Coria has probably one of the three best military hierarchies on Atamara, they could be wildly successful

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 19, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »
That is possible. Coria hasn't been tested in battle in quite a while, and never on its own. If they have to face down CE/Tara/Tal, it could be quite interesting. At that point it will also depend on who they get to join them.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 19, 2013, 06:06:36 PM »
That is possible. Coria hasn't been tested in battle in quite a while, and never on its own. If they have to face down CE/Tara/Tal, it could be quite interesting. At that point it will also depend on who they get to join them.

Yes, but as previously mentioned, if they can rally the remains of the North, including Darka and the Barony, things could get interesting. Should they bring in the realms shattered by this war, as well, they can do quite well.

But yes. There is a long way to go before this Empire becomes... Well, an Empire.