Author Topic: I Hate Food  (Read 62500 times)

Hroppa

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: I Hate Food
« Reply #285: June 15, 2013, 04:54:42 PM »
I think if the food price cap is lifted it will solve the biggest problem of food shortages; people not bothering to trade. As a rural lord, literally the only times my characters have had to sell at prices below the maximum is because of fealty/friendship reasons.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: June 15, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »
Egamma you following my post? Fontan has long been dead (actual Fontan, not the limp leg one that was still around when I came back).

Games not perfect and I like it better. Tom if you add in wood stone or w/e mm make it hard to sell. Game needs another interesting way to play than always going to war with one another.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: June 15, 2013, 08:08:59 PM »
Egamma you following my post? Fontan has long been dead (actual Fontan, not the limp leg one that was still around when I came back).

Games not perfect and I like it better. Tom if you add in wood stone or w/e mm make it hard to sell. Game needs another interesting way to play than always going to war with one another.

The most recent dev discussion on additional resources (not particularly recent) had Tom advocating an implementation where regions produced resources solely for those regions, and maybe a few surrounding them. That would mean that they could not actually be traded--if you wanted that resource, you would necessarily have to own the region.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: June 15, 2013, 08:50:21 PM »
Tim that sounds interesting, mm but if I can't hold someone in suspense I can't sow the seeds of chaos as well mm so begins the plotting.

I personally disliked the old food system I had to leave back in 08, this new system implemented gives that other aspect that had me coming back.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #289: June 16, 2013, 06:48:13 AM »
I'd just like to chip in that I like the food system. I'm not saying that it can't be tweaked and improved, but my guy is a lord in a surplus producing rural region and I like the leverage that it affords us. Also, it rewards good management and punishes bad management. What I don't understand is when regions are starving and their lords either post no buy orders, or they place 20-gold limit orders and ignore existing sell orders. If your region is starving, shouldn't you be willing to pay more? Perhaps they feel that their fellow realm mates should sell to them at a discount, but the fact is that rural regions generate less tax revenue than cities and towns. If you're not willing to dig deep into your revenues to feed your region, then why should a lord whose tax revenues are less and therefore needs to actually do some work to generate revenue, cut into his/her revenues to feed your region?

Also, a general question: When it says that 'x bushels needed to be burnt because they were found to be rotten,' does that mean you have too much food? Or what do you need to do to not burn food?

egamma

« Reply #290: June 16, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
Also, a general question: When it says that 'x bushels needed to be burnt because they were found to be rotten,' does that mean you have too much food? Or what do you need to do to not burn food?

Ensure that all your food is stored in granaries; that helps a lot. Other than that, yeah, you have surplus food. Burning 1-5 bushels a day isn't a big deal; if you're burning 20+, then you probably need to sell that food.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: June 16, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »
All food rots. Food in a warehouse just rots slower. You cannot stop it. (Except by having a miniscule amount (<50 or so?) on hand.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.