Author Topic: Feature Request: Royal chest and granary  (Read 14580 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Royal chest and granary
« Reply #15: March 04, 2013, 11:05:12 PM »
So would food be taxed like gold?  5% to 50%?  Knight to lord to duke to crown?
As a duke I would like this, as a lord I would not.  The only power lords have over dukes is food.  Although now with the dukes not necessarily being lords of cities it might not be as polarizing (in some realms).
At max I would say 10% and that is pushing it by a lot.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 07, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »
So would food be taxed like gold?  5% to 50%?  Knight to lord to duke to crown?
As a duke I would like this, as a lord I would not.  The only power lords have over dukes is food.  Although now with the dukes not necessarily being lords of cities it might not be as polarizing (in some realms).

I was not thinking on taxing food.

It would be more like:

Royal taxes - Ruler able to set 5%-50% on a "royal chest"

The banker can use the gold from the royal chest to:

1- Buy food and put it on the royal granary (giving a bigger impact and importance to the trade realm agreements)

2- Invest in a region of the realm

3- Loan gold to other realms

With the royal granary the banker can:

1- Send the food to a starving region, that has no lord.

No lords or dukes would lose food, and it would help the management of the realm.

Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

egamma

« Reply #17: March 11, 2013, 04:23:24 AM »
I think this would go along nicely with the new "let banker deal with my food" checkbox that lords are getting.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 11, 2013, 04:49:41 AM »
I think this would go along nicely with the new "let banker deal with my food" checkbox that lords are getting.
I would say quite the opposite. If the banker can take care of a region, the banker can just use one of the regions he is taking care of as the royal granary.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #19: March 13, 2013, 12:49:00 AM »
I would say quite the opposite. If the banker can take care of a region, the banker can just use one of the regions he is taking care of as the royal granary.

That opens up the possibility of a lord-banker creating a buy offer from his region for 50 gold, and then paying for it with the taxes of the region receiving the food, and then selling the food back to his region for 20 gold, repeat.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 13, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »
That opens up the possibility of a lord-banker creating a buy offer from his region for 50 gold, and then paying for it with the taxes of the region receiving the food, and then selling the food back to his region for 20 gold, repeat.
No one has ever said the banker gets to use the regions taxes. I am pretty sure he still pays out of pocket considering there has been 0 mention of allowing the banker to use regions taxes to pay for it in all the postings on it so far.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:47:26 AM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 14, 2013, 03:47:43 PM »
I would say it would be nice to either have a treasury that the banker can access or let the ruler set aside gold from the royal income to pay the council members.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 14, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »
I would say it would be nice to either have a treasury that the banker can access or let the ruler set aside gold from the royal income to pay the council members.
I am against that. The only way I would be for it is if all council members could be paid by the ruler, but I am against singling out one position for pay.
― G.K. Chesterton

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #23: March 14, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »
Why not just send bonds?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 14, 2013, 09:58:24 PM »
Why not just send bonds?
Requires being at a bank, and a few other reasons.
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: March 14, 2013, 09:59:30 PM »
Why not just skip the whole tax system, give the ruler all the tax gold, and let them pass out whatever they want to whoever they want?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 14, 2013, 10:07:08 PM »
Why not just skip the whole tax system, give the ruler all the tax gold, and let them pass out whatever they want to whoever they want?
I am suggesting for realm council only, no need to act like its an idiotic request. Whats wrong with allowing ruler to send a percentage of their income to council members? The old tax system had it and I never understood why it was removed. The realm council is not made up of civil servants but people working a very powerful position that deserves compensation.
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 14, 2013, 10:32:04 PM »
I was talking to Foundation... your post just got in the way. :)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: March 15, 2013, 12:34:50 AM »
I am against that. The only way I would be for it is if all council members could be paid by the ruler, but I am against singling out one position for pay.
My request, while not stated clearly, was for all council members to get paid some set amount by the ruler.  I do think that each should be adjusted independently though.  So the Ruler would be able to give gold to the general and banker and not the Judge (or any other combo).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 15, 2013, 12:56:17 AM »
My request, while not stated clearly, was for all council members to get paid some set amount by the ruler.  I do think that each should be adjusted independently though.  So the Ruler would be able to give gold to the general and banker and not the Judge (or any other combo).
Sounds good except it has to be a set percentage, not an actual amount.
― G.K. Chesterton