Author Topic: Using foreign banks  (Read 2212 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Using foreign banks
« Topic Start: March 01, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
I kinda-sorta remember to have used in the past a feature where you could pay 50 gold in a foreign city to use all of its facilities (banks and repair shops) for a day. Yet my character is in a city and I can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place? Has it been removed?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Using foreign banks
« Reply #1: March 01, 2013, 10:52:02 AM »
That was linked to your Family, where you could pay 50 gold to call in favours and use the facilities there. I'm not sure if that also worked for Banks though, and I don't think I've seen the option for a while (though that may just be me ignoring it unconsciously).

It should be under or above Family Investment, thats where I remember it to be.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 01, 2013, 12:33:43 PM »
I kinda-sorta remember to have used in the past a feature where you could pay 50 gold in a foreign city to use all of its facilities (banks and repair shops) for a day. Yet my character is in a city and I can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place? Has it been removed?

You can transfer funds to a foreign noble by paying a 50 gold administrative fee to his bank. You cannot, however, nor ever could cash in bonds from foreign banks.

Bribing locals to use the facilities, which was mostly stuff linked to your unit, was about family influence (wealth).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 01, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »
You cannot, however, nor ever could cash in bonds from foreign banks.

Ah, that's what I was aiming at. Well, so many miles for nothing. Time to go back.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 04, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »
Family Influence... - buy some favours so you can use the local businesses.

Found the option! Was just unconsciously skipping the line every time, it appears. Here is the text:

As your family is wealthy, and with wealth comes influence and connections, you can spend 2 hours walking around the locale and calling in old debts and favours, or promising new ones.
This will cost your family 50gold spent now on notes of exchange and likely collected soon (for simplicity, the gold is taken immediately).
Using this option has a high chance of opening up the same features to you as if the region were part of an allied realm, such as the option to repair or entertain your troops or leave your wounded at the houses of healing. There is a small chance that you find no sufficient favours to call in, or that your business partners take the money and leave you dry anyways (with deep apologies and very believable excuses, of course).

So its as if you were in allied territory, so no bank usage indeed.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 04, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
Found the option! Was just unconsciously skipping the line every time, it appears. Here is the text:

So its as if you were in allied territory, so no bank usage indeed.

Was this under Actions or Orders?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 04, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
It's under Orders:

Things you can do:

Unit settings... - modify encounter and payment settings.

Family Influence... - buy some favours so you can use the local businesses.
    Support the takeover of this region... so it joins your realm
    Pay your men... - give the men what they have earned.
    Rest Troops... - tell your men to rest and relax.
    Training... - raise your troops' experience.

etc etc.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 04, 2013, 01:35:58 PM »
It's under Orders:

etc etc.

That explains it, the character is a priest. And it makes sense given that it does not involve the banks, only unit actions.