Poll

Your Opinion on Food and the Markets in Dwilight

My region produces a surplus but I don't bother to sell the food
0 (0%)
My region produces a surplus but I find it too inconvenient to sell the food
1 (4.2%)
My region produces a surplus and I sell all the food that I can but no one buys it
2 (8.3%)
My region produces a surplus and I sell all the food and it is usually bought
7 (29.2%)
My region is in a deficit but I don't bother to buy food
0 (0%)
My region is in a deficit but I find it too inconvenient to buy the food
0 (0%)
My region is in a deficit and I place buy orders that rarely get filled
6 (25%)
My region is in a deficit and I play buy orders that usually get filled
5 (20.8%)
I don't play on Dwilight but want to vote for something
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 04, 2013, 02:40:10 PM

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Food and the Markets in Dwilight  (Read 22120 times)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
First vote! ;D

My region (Askileon) is a significant net food consumer. At present, it is well fed by the buy orders I place and the sell orders I accept.

However, in the recent past, this was not the case. The Lords of Luria Nova have had to be browbeaten into the notion that it is a good idea for them to sell their food at all, let alone for reasonable prices. The previous Banker of the realm took a very laissez faire approach, and as a result, Askileon starved for a time due to there simply being no food on the market.

The current Banker has cracked down on this type of behaviour, and with the Judge backing him, has had recalcitrant Lords punished with fines. This caused something of a kerfuffle at the last regular Banker election, but apparently a plurality of nobles in the realm supported the new Banker's realm-centric stance, even despite his often rather abrasive manner.

I'm the Banker in question here, and this same issue will be true for every net food consumer in Luria Nova -- Poryatown, Askileon, Giask, and their doughnut regions...
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.