Poll

Your Opinion on Food and the Markets in Dwilight

My region produces a surplus but I don't bother to sell the food
0 (0%)
My region produces a surplus but I find it too inconvenient to sell the food
1 (4.2%)
My region produces a surplus and I sell all the food that I can but no one buys it
2 (8.3%)
My region produces a surplus and I sell all the food and it is usually bought
7 (29.2%)
My region is in a deficit but I don't bother to buy food
0 (0%)
My region is in a deficit but I find it too inconvenient to buy the food
0 (0%)
My region is in a deficit and I place buy orders that rarely get filled
6 (25%)
My region is in a deficit and I play buy orders that usually get filled
5 (20.8%)
I don't play on Dwilight but want to vote for something
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 04, 2013, 02:40:10 PM

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Food and the Markets in Dwilight  (Read 22086 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'm still convinced that ANY realm on ANY continent that has 4 cities, and 1 stronghold, while only having 3 Rural regions SHOULD have irreparable food problems which make it almost impossible to exist functionally as a realm. On top of that, you have 2 badlands regions in your bunch of 13 regions. So, your realm should pretty much not be possibly able to function. The food situation no matter what the devs code will not make D'Hara a realm which can conceivably exist upon what it has without them doubling in size and not taking a single extra city.

I disagree. We should be able to import from other realms. Constantly. With great effort.

We were doing quite fine before food was intentionally deleted from warehouses and food production across the continent was manually turned down.

I never asked for D'Hara to be self-sufficient. Heck, I think D'Hara would be a lot less fun if it were. But I do want there to be plenty of food production on the island so that all realms on the map, with a bit of trade, can be fed.

I'm not saying that D'Hara needing food is hurting the food situation on dwilight. I'm trying to explain why getting food from a largely food-positive realm (Morek) to a relatively food-negative realm on the other landmass is so hard to do. It wouldn't matter if it was D'Hara or some other realm, you'd still need to go through a middleman in most cases unless you were able to get a trader out to the other realm.

When I went to Corsanctum, Morek, Swordfell, and Luria Nova, I only saw like 4 sell offers, 3 of which were restricted to realm-only, the last one was for 100 gold per 200 bushels and I only saw it for a few hours. Even the "largely food-positive" realms don't have much to sell anymore. Because there just ain't such a thing as a "largely food-positive" realm anymore. This doesn't create interaction, it just makes every realm no longer able to have trade at any meaningful levels with other realms.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron