Author Topic: 1 player, 2 characters, same realm, enemies?  (Read 3468 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
1 player, 2 characters, same realm, enemies?
« Topic Start: March 02, 2013, 08:03:38 PM »
Anyone ever RP this well?  How did the other characters react?

Zakilevo

Re: 1 player, 2 characters, same realm, enemies?
« Reply #1: March 02, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
I've done it before in Thalmarkin.

But it felt awkward... :o

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 02, 2013, 11:43:54 PM »
I always find it awkward and contrived. Whenever I see people sending letters to themselves I just laugh tbh.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 03, 2013, 01:33:06 AM »
I always find it awkward and contrived. Whenever I see people sending letters to themselves I just laugh tbh.

Samehere.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 04, 2013, 02:08:41 AM »
Anyone ever RP this well?  How did the other characters react?

I tried it a few times.

It never worked very well.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 04, 2013, 09:10:15 PM »
It worked well for me on the FEI... but it was more of one group against another... Chaos Requiem vs ~V~ Halls of Blood and Battle.

In the end, they all died. *shrug*

but my idea of RP differs from many.  I do not write long letters or stories.  I view the day to day items of life to be self described, the game designed events as self evident, and that just leaves the small description of individual character emotion to help provide insight as to why things are happening.  So no long public letters to myself. 

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 04, 2013, 10:19:18 PM »
I wrote quite a long and involved story using both of my characters on EC who are brother and sister. It was done purely in story-style roleplays, without subjecting other players to letters written between the two characters. So I would write part of the story from the point of view of one character, and then switch to the other character to write a section of the story that was happening out of sight, or behind the back, of the first character.

It didn't exactly make the two characters enemies, but the sister was manipulating events behind the brother's back in a way he still doesn't know about. I couldn't say whether other players liked the roleplays involving both of the characters, but a few other characters have made reference to some events in those roleplays so I suppose they must have enjoyed reading them.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 05, 2013, 08:29:45 PM »
I did it once when had a commoner character with a noble one...... i send it to Jail couple of times for casual talking.

That's why i keep them separate by a large distance and different realms. But this will be useless in the current EC war.,

To avoid the awkwardness of sending letter to myself, i will just Roleplay the encounters.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:32:13 PM by Sonya »

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 06, 2013, 04:45:56 AM »
I'm doing this on Atamara, with two rival brothers. It's kinda fun. But no, I don't send letters to myself in public  ;) I'd consider doing roleplays though if I got a chance.