Author Topic: Feature Request: Make Message Options Reflect True name of Duchy  (Read 2146 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Title: Make Message Options Reflect True Name of Duchy

Summary: When sending messages to "all lords of your duchy of X" have 'X' actually be the name of the duchy, not the name of the original duchy based upon the city region which it was originally named for. So, when name changes are made by rulers this actually updates. Same for "all knights of your duchy of X."

Details: On the Message screen, when a duke has the option of sending messages he chooses between a bunch of different options. The sent messages both after sending and while writing the messages should reflect the true duchy name. This way the Duke's signature will be obviously attached to this message, instead of having a dichotomy that suggests he may have less authority than he really does.

Benefits: Clarity. It makes sense as well.

Possible Exploits: None. (Name change exploits are dealt with by ruler at time of changing)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Wouldn't that be a bug?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I don't know.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
report as a bug, please.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
If that is a bug then there is another one that I assumed was known, but hadn't been fixed yet from the estate change. It does not update the characters for that properly. Ex, the only person in the duchy of Raviel I can message is a single knight, and my past duchy had people that used to be in the duchy but were now in other duchies or even other realms. I will make the report later tonight probably.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:19:20 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton