Author Topic: Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams and Nightmares [OOC+SU]  (Read 22456 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Seeing his good caring nature, if not as competitive as his father used to be, the Professor knows that he would one day grow up and learn his true calling. His father Researcher reputation(or should we say flirting nature inherited) clearly precede him as many girls of his neighbourhood always keen to follow him around. His look is quite handsome, just like his father was at his young age.

Say Hi to Pichu, I choose you! :D

Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Congratulations! You have recieved a Pichu Lvl. 5

~ Thundershock

~ Dizzy Punch
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
This seems interesting, though i don't know if I'll have the time...
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
This seems interesting, though i don't know if I'll have the time...

Actually it is quite sloooooooooooooower paced. It depends on you whether you post everyday or once a week. And if anybody wants to pause their characters due to RL pressure, they can do so.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Sorry all, I've been busy. I promise, promise, promise to send it within the week. I already have the character in mind, he's not your usual pokemon guy 8) Just a question: Cren, can we RP crazy/bad characters as well?
D'Espana Family

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
If you mean bad as evil and crazy as straight outta the asylum, then its a no no. Characters can be a bit short in the head, low level loony, bullies, things like that. If your charry is evil or lunatic, why would Prof. Elm Jr. trust him/her with a pokémon? :)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well, I obviously did not mean creating a character with a base of hatred, three spoons of madness and a pinch of psychosis. I was speaking more about the bully with such competitivity that it becomes an unhealthy obsession, that sort of guy. Don't worry, we don't want some Sauron trying to rule Johto with a bunch of Machamps, do we? ;)
D'Espana Family

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Well, I obviously did not mean creating a character with a base of hatred, three spoons of madness and a pinch of psychosis. I was speaking more about the bully with such competitivity that it becomes an unhealthy obsession, that sort of guy. Don't worry, we don't want some Sauron trying to rule Johto with a bunch of Machamps, do we? ;)

Its a go :) . Unique and uncommon characters are welcome to kick Team Neo's ass. :P

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
The IC thread is now open. BEWARE, all OOC discussions, FAQs and new SUs must be in the [OOC+SU] thread.

D'Espana, you might want to hurry with your SU.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Chapter 1 is here.. Lets begin the awesome RP of awesomeness! :)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Name: Hiro Watari

Sex: Male

Personality: Aggressive, arrogant, egocentric. He thinks that he deserves to get to the top, and anyone in the way is nothing but an obstacle. Though slightly more intelligent than the standard, his troublesome personality makes him to make mistakes and enter knotty situations more often than not. He is extraordinarily competitive and nothing scares him more than his failure, what makes him prone to cheating and resorting to all kinds of dirty tricks when faced with a challenge. He usually behaves cold and distant to others, making people to feel weird in his presence. If pressed or in a dire situation he may behave erratically and unpredictably, so silky touch is advised when dealing with him. In spite of all this, or precisely because of that, he is easy to manipulate under certain conditions, and may consider temporal alliances with others to reach his goals, even though he usually does not really trust anyone.

Background/History: Son of a researchers couple, he was born at one of the expeditions of his parents, and thus entered the world in a permanently changing environment. Never remaining for longer than a few months in a place, he never made any real or lasting friendship, making him to search refuge in his family instead.

But the researcher job requires an extraordinary amount of time and attention, so his parents barely could give him a few minutes over the course of the day. Each day feeling lonelier, he made a final attempt to find a healthy way to invest his time, and wandered into the open world for the first time in his life. However, when trying to play with a herd of Rattatas he was bitten and hunted down all the way home, where his parents healed him and scolded him very severely.

Concerned by his son's growing unstability, his parents decided to finally settle down in the outskirts of New Bark Town, though they continued their job all over the world, leaving him alone for extended periods of time. It was this final situation what triggered his mentality of blaming others for his loneliness, amongst them his parents. He never tried to get along with any other kid in the town, though he often bullied or intimidated them when he felt he had something to gain.

He also overcame his fear of exploring and interacting with the wildlife, although he is still wary of Rattatas and avoids trusting for real on any other than himself. The day he turned 17, he finally decided that his time in the town was over, and answered the call of Professor Elm Jr. In spite of his well known personality the Professor decided to award him a Pokémon, feeling that (hopefully) he would learn to understand and care for others while caring for his Pokémon and meeting new people all over the world. Will that become true? We shall see it...
D'Espana Family

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Very good SU D'Espana. You are ACCEPTED

Now choose your pokémon from the list. Houndour and Pichu are already taken and therefore unavailable.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Links to individual SUs as well as other useful links are in the first post of the IC thread. (and D'Espana, I forgot to post that you are pitting the Team Plasma leader against Team Neo leader :P)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Very good SU D'Espana. You are ACCEPTED

Now choose your pokémon from the list. Houndour and Pichu are already taken and therefore unavailable.

Please don't take this as boasting, but I have played quite a bit of rol games before, and have done my fair share of complex SUs/files/backgrounds. It's only experience, nothing else.

And about the pokémon... I totally see him with a Cyndaquil or a Totodile, but I'm going to have trouble choosing between them both. Nah, in their final stage Totodile is more threatening and impressive. I'll stick with Totodile. That's the one I chose back then, too. Ah, I feel my teen years covering me again...

Links to individual SUs as well as other useful links are in the first post of the IC thread. (and D'Espana, I forgot to post that you are pitting the Team Plasma leader against Team Neo leader :P)

Team Plasma? Team Neo? Sorry, my last game was the Sapphire version. That picture was the only one I could find that gave me the overall badass impression I was looking for. Now I see why ;D If that's a problem, I can change it, I don't want to spoil your game.
D'Espana Family

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
That picture is of N, the leader of Team Plasma of Unova region (Gen V games, B/W and B2/W2). I have no problem with the picture.. But if you want, you can change it.