Author Topic: Make overkill count for more  (Read 7038 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Make overkill count for more
« Reply #15: March 05, 2013, 05:33:01 AM »
On the terrain type piece, are you suggesting that different terrains have varying bonuses to defending? Something like:

Rurals and Townslands are hard to defend
Forests and Badlands have a slight bonus to defense
Mountains have a small bonus to defense
Strongholds and Cites have bonus to defense based on their fortifications.

Or am I misunderstanding the terrain piece completely?
It sounds like he wants the terrain to affect unit types effectiveness, not defenders effectiveness
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 05, 2013, 05:44:51 AM »
Got it. I just found the other thread!

egamma

« Reply #17: March 05, 2013, 01:47:48 PM »
As you said at the start of the thread, this proposal and the terrain proposal seem as though they'd work best hand-in-hand. The idea of different types of terrain making a difference is a good one. I seem to have a vague memory of a similar idea being mentioned by someone about a year or so ago - something about cavalry having effectiveness penalties if they where fighting in woods or mountains, and archers having bonuses if they were fighting in the natural archer killing grounds of woods and forests. Can't remember what the objections to that were.

That was me--http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2889.msg65990.html#msg65990
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:51:54 PM by egamma »

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 05, 2013, 02:13:34 PM »
Yep, that was it. I knew someone had raised similar ideas to these ones in Bedwyr's current threads before, and Tom didn't seem keen on the ideas that time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:15:47 PM by Foxglove »

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 05, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »
That was me--http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2889.msg65990.html#msg65990

As I said in the other thread, while your proposal might well be cooler if implemented, it looks fiendishly difficult to implement.  The idea of this is to come up with things that will help and can be implemented with relative ease.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"