Poll

What is your greatest fear on Dwilight?

Sanguis Astroism on Crusade
The Zuma on Warpath
Monster invasions
Cival war / rebellion / succession
Other...

Author Topic: What is your greatest fear on Dwilight?  (Read 22715 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: What is your greatest fear on Dwilight?
« Reply #15: April 12, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »
I find it interesting that SA is so low on this scale. Monsters and the Zuma form the huge bulk of threats.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 12, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »
It's about what I would expect. The threat of SA invasion is way overblown. It makes for a good IC rallying cry, but I think most of the players themselves understand that it's just a "foreign threat to rally the locals" type of thing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 12, 2011, 04:55:41 PM »
Other...There really isn't anything to fear on Dwilight. I guess the only fear is that my character's plans are discovered before he is ready. As that seems to happen an annoying number of times.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 12, 2011, 05:42:11 PM »
Sanguis Astroism on Crusades against all heathens is my dream, not a fear :)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #19: April 12, 2011, 06:29:45 PM »
I find it interesting that SA is so low on this scale. Monsters and the Zuma form the huge bulk of threats.

I think the point of that is people understand SA is still limited to humans, and as such their effective range is limited. Madina probably could care less about any attack from SA in the foreseeable future, as I'd expect the units of any theocracy going down there will likely hit over 75% damage by the time they reach the south.

The Zuma people fear might be people being paranoid about a few characters making unwise decisions. Well, daimons are supposed to be scary anyway, so I guess it is appropriate.

The monsters are something mostly unpredictable and constant, and can strike anywhere. For smaller realms, often they spell death. For larger realms, an annoyance.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 12, 2011, 08:11:37 PM »
Even for larger realms, monsters can spell death.  The Lurian lands (which are allied and helping each other out, might as well be one realm for dealing with monster purposes) have been hit with hordes that are at least two, possibly three times the combined realm's CS in the past two weeks, and we've got another fifteen thousand surrounding us right now with some moving in.

Besides, SA can be reasoned with.  It's only a problem for those who want it to be a problem, in which case it's not a fear as a desire.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21: April 18, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
It's about what I would expect. The threat of SA invasion is way overblown. It makes for a good IC rallying cry, but I think most of the players themselves understand that it's just a "foreign threat to rally the locals" type of thing.
Many will probable find common ground on the subject of SA as a threat, yet it are only those adjecent to them to fear for holy crusades.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 25, 2011, 04:57:26 AM »
Solips is insane, so his greatest fear is the Fish People.  The orcestrated this last invasion, so...Don't drink mercury kids.

Gog is terrified of his Cousin Ciann, because she cut off his hand and gave it to his sister Scathac as a gift.  He's heard she joined a crusading order and he knows he's an evil SOB so he's just praying that he doesn't end up hung by her.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #23: April 25, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »
Er, Dwilight, man...Dwilight. You might have been thinking of that continent that's about 30% covered in some gray fog when you were talking about Solips.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 25, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
Other: the realm losing nobles, causing it's decline. And for the inactivity of some to increase

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #25: April 26, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »
Fissoa losing nobles? They gained around 12 nobles after Giask was lost, is it not?  ??? And now you are losing those nobles? Or do you fear they might leave?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 26, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
I fear they might leave :) I suppose some have left, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not really worried :p

And it was never 12 :p 4 or 5, perhaps.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27: April 26, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
I really thought like 10 to 12 nobles joined Fissoa. I thought most chose for either Fissoa or Terran/colony with a few exceptions.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 27, 2011, 05:12:30 PM »
My greatest fear is that one day all cities will be colonized. Food prices will skyrocket and starvation will be chronic everywhere. I honestly doubt that the continent is anywhere near self-sufficient in food production should every region be at 100%.

Feeding the isles is trouble enough as it is. If more big cities are to be taken, it'll become pretty near impossible.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 27, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »
An entire continent of starvation...

It's... so beautiful....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner