Author Topic: Embarking frame enemy regions with 12 hours banked.  (Read 2877 times)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Title: embarking form enemy territory with 12 banked hours

Summary: Currently you need to have enough hours banked in order to embark.  So it is impossible to embark from an enemy territory if it takes 13 hours.

Details: either cap the embankment time to 12 hours, or allow embarking to start with less than the total time required (similar to adventurers traveling over 16 hours).

Benefits: it would always make embarking possible.

Possible Exploits: it would always make embarking possible.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Uh. I dimly remember there is already code to solve this issue, but I'm only on my iPad right now so I can't look.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Was it a bug?  I have already moved to another region in an attempt to embark so I cannot test anything for you.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
I must say I liked to see enemies stranded on Fissoan shores - as we dearly paid for the same mistake ourselves :P

Capping to 12h would be too easily abused, though having hours roll over seems to make sense :)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Mostly the surprise of it is the part that hurts.  Had I known that I would not be able to embark from the specified region, I would not have moved to it.  I thought I was saving time, only to waste probably two days.  All I needed was one more hour. :'(

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I must say I liked to see enemies stranded on Fissoan shores - as we dearly paid for the same mistake ourselves :P

Capping to 12h would be too easily abused, though having hours roll over seems to make sense :)

Would it really?

IMO, if that's the case, sea zones should just be made smaller to compensate.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Slightly off topic... Are there plans to allow setting a second destination while sailing?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Slightly off topic... Are there plans to allow setting a second destination while sailing?
I hope so.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton