Author Topic: "Normal" Tax Rates  (Read 12022 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: "Normal" Tax Rates
« Reply #30: March 12, 2013, 05:55:28 AM »
My character is running taxes at 14% currently. I have not been lord of many regions of late and can not claim to know what is average, but I suspect that 10% is a little low.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 12, 2013, 01:55:41 PM »
I thought I answered this pretty thoroughly in another thread.

Median Tax Rates

By continent
EC: 15
AT: 14
BT: 14
Col: 12
FEI: 14.5
Dwi: 14

By region type
City: 15
Town: 13
Stronghold: 15
Rural: 14
Woodland: 13.5
Badland: 13

For every region in the game: 14

----

The averages are even lower. There is very little variation in these numbers within realms or even between realms. Takeaway: Your neighbor does not have some critical advantage that you are missing out on because you aren't committed enough. People need to stop treating the game like a simulator, attempting to squeeze every last ounce out of it. Do the tasks expected of your character's role and go battle/diplomacize/convert/trade something or someone.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 12, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
Interesting.

I followed that quote to it's original thread and read something I really really need to comment on. So here are my apologies for mixing threads.

I've seen wars lost, or not started, because of lords running taxes too high and having to remain in their region to keep them under control.

The entire point of having gold is to make war. I would find very little satisfaction in sitting in my region all day, heaping up gold and having nothing to spend it on. Don't blame the lords who like the region management game, blame the lords who don't share their gold for the greater good, i.e. war.
Then kick the bastards out.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 13, 2013, 01:34:49 AM »
Interesting.

I followed that quote to it's original thread and read something I really really need to comment on. So here are my apologies for mixing threads.

The entire point of having gold is to make war. I would find very little satisfaction in sitting in my region all day, heaping up gold and having nothing to spend it on. Don't blame the lords who like the region management game, blame the lords who don't share their gold for the greater good, i.e. war.
Then kick the bastards out.
And yet those who like region management also tend to be the ones too greedy to share, ipso facto the region management ones are the ones needing to be blamed.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 13, 2013, 02:47:00 AM »
And yet those who like region management also tend to be the ones too greedy to share, ipso facto the region management ones are the ones needing to be blamed.

Looks like I missed the memo on that one. Best stop sharing right away.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 13, 2013, 03:03:23 AM »
Looks like I missed the memo on that one. Best stop sharing right away.
I said they tend to be, not that all are. The logic, being those who won't share are greedy and those who like region management are generally liking it only for the gold as they like to maximize their income.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton