Author Topic: Special Forces, underpowered?  (Read 24170 times)

johnny Hammarberg

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Special Forces, underpowered?
« Reply #15: April 27, 2011, 08:12:29 PM »
I know that the Barony of Makar has two special forces. One has a cavalry charge, so I guess they are special cavalry, and the other...ah, I forget. I think the Mystic Monks may have an artillery feature that does extra damage to fortifications, maybe.

The Barony has in fact three special forces and I know about the two oldest ones and have a pretty good knowledge about their special powers.

Icegate has two centers, Behexed artillery and Mystic monks.
Fiddleford has a new center with for me unknown powers.

Mystic monks are pure melee with increased attack values and  what looks like a charge  they are hard to wipe as well, their special perk is that they do not get penalties when scaling high walls and siege engines only slows them down  ;D

Behexed Artillery is mixed infantry with a range of 5 rows, they sometimes do devastating damage on range but always hit hard in melee.

My experiment with mixing the two above has showed some interesting results with the range dropping from 5  rows to 1 row but they still seam to keep their original strengths. Are we really supposed to be able to mix different kind of sf forces?

For those of you who doesnt know I can tell you that both centers produce troops with 99/99 in armour/weapons but they require a small fortune from the recruiting viking so its not for the common noble. The effects the troops have on the battlefield seam to be heavily depending on their position and stance...
In war, truth is the first casualty.  ~Aeschylus