Author Topic: bad luck or bug, in tournament training?  (Read 3144 times)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
bad luck or bug, in tournament training?
« Topic Start: March 10, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »

A Question: I have been training with the lance in the last tournament, six times with no success... Someone has made it? If nobody has been successfully with the training, it could be a bug... if not, it's only a severe case of bad luck!  :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: bad luck or bug, in tournament training?
« Reply #1: March 10, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »
A Question: I have been training with the lance in the last tournament, six times with no success... Someone has made it? If nobody has been successfully with the training, it could be a bug... if not, it's only a severe case of bad luck!  :P

First try was a success, second was a failure, for me. For swordfighting, at least.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 10, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »
It was bad luck, at the 7 time it worked!  ;D

... If you upgrade your skills in the seventh chance in the seventh tournament of the new era... ... ... something incredible will happen!!! Mwa, mawahaaaa! (evil laugh)  ::)

Eirikr

« Reply #3: March 10, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »
As mentioned in another thread (and I believe it applied to tourney training as well), failures are not complete failures. Each failure actually increases your chance of success by a small amount. So in most cases, it is just bad luck. Technically, unless failures can grant you 100% chance of success, you could theoretically be very unlucky and never succeed.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: March 10, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »
Technically, unless failures can grant you 100% chance of success, you could theoretically be very unlucky and never succeed.

Actually, I've made sure that can't happen. Sooner or later, you are guaranteed to succeed. It could be quite a while, depending on your skill level (higher skills take longer to raise) we might be talking about several dozen training sessions, but sooner or later you will.

Eirikr

« Reply #5: March 10, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »
Oh, that's good to know.

I mean, it's very unlikely, in fact nearly impossible for you to fail so many times in a row if the chance to succeed is always increasing. Even if it stops at 80% chance to succeed, you're almost definitely going to get it. In a manner of speaking, math does the work for you. The safeguards probably just keep the time reasonable.