Author Topic: Manually changing realm name  (Read 11355 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Manually changing realm name
« Topic Start: March 12, 2013, 12:21:30 AM »
Greetings all. I have approached Tom with a plea for manually changing a realm name. Since realm names can only be chosen when seceding, it is impossible to change the name after certain interesting in game events happen. Tom has requested a forum topic to be opened in regards to this. I quote: I'm not sure if I've ever done a manual realm rename. I am very, very reluctant to do it. At the very least, I'd like to have a forum topic where more than one voice can be heard.

So, here's a long story short. Few years back a realm named Niselur has been founded on Dwilight. Boreal Arrakis was the founder and the first King of this realm. The realm was short-lived though, for the monsters tore it apart after the King died. Fast forwarding to present: the legacy of Niselur has been resurrected, although under a name of Iashalur and by a different monarch. Now, the heir of King Boreal has returned, and he overthrew the usurper and declared himself a King. But what good is a kingdom that doesn't bear the name of his forefather's legacy?

We have a very unique role-playing setting here: two royal houses that battled for a right to rule. Old royalists of Niselur won, and the heir of the first King has been crowned as King. The lands he now controls are the exact lands Niselur once possessed. I personally feel that there is no great harm to be made in accepting to manually change the name, while it simultaneously it would make a perfect in game sense. I am aware it might become a precedent, however, the reasons for name change are heavily rp-driven and real, in-game history supports this request.

What do you think?
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)